Chapter 8: It's not a ponytail?! (Mondstadt Arc)

I wonder what adventure we'll go on today

I wonder what adventure we'll go on today... If you can't tell, I'm joking. Everything until now has been predictable and if we're going by the gameplay, we should go on a quest involving Kaeya next.

It all started off as a regular day with all three of us walking through Mondstadt, that was until we were rounding a corner when we spotted Jean and a Female Fatui having a conversation.

"Isn't that Jean?" Paimon whispered as she peaked her head around the building to have a look. "Seems she's talking to someone... Let's let her finish, then go say hi?"

Both me and Aether nodded in agreement before getting into position to eavesdrop on their conversation

"...which is what has brought us to this point in the first place." Said what sounded like the Fatui. Wasn't her name something like Anastasia? Out of all the things I could remember, I remember that?? "If you are unable to promptly deal with the Stormterror threat, then leave the defenses of Mondstadt to the Fatui. We can put an end to Mondstadt's dragon issues, all we need to do is bring that monster to the-"

Jean quickly cut her off by scoffing and saying, ""Monster"?"

"Yes. What's your point?" The Fatui said, sounding annoyed.

"Ah..." Meanwhile Jean sounded irritated. I know j in would be, too. "I'd expect a more professional attitude from your diplomats. Yet here you are saying you want to "put an end" to one of The Four Winds of Mondstadt?" Now she sounded pissed. She let out a huff before continuing. "I won't have any of this nonsense in front of the Knights of Favonius."

The Fatui had the audacity of laugh at Jean and say, "It's not as crazy as you make it sound." Th ediplomat suddenly got serious. "Fine. That's enough negotiation for today. At this stage it's simply...an amicable exchange of constructive opinions, no? I'll be sure to make...thorough notes..."

When we heard a door close, we walked out of our hiding place and made our way over to Jean.

"Oh, I finally get to see you three back." She said as she turned to us. "Thanks again for your help. The elemental flow is finally stable. The aftermath of Stormterror's last attack is finally settled for the moment." She then let out a stressed sigh. Poor Jean... "However, the pressure from the delegation has become too big to be ignored..."