Chapter 11: Ehe Te Nandayo! (Mondstadt Arc.)

|*(y/h/c)= Your hair color|

  "What did I just witness...?" Diluc said in disbelief after Venti told his story, staring off at the floor in shock. "This is confidential information. Why did you let me know...?" As he asked that last question, his eyebrow rose as he spoke in a suspicious tone, staring us down.

  "Why? Hmm... Perhaps the winds are changing..." Who the fuck- What the fuck is that supposed to mean!? "What say you, Master Diluc?" Am I a dumbass...? 'What say you'!? No, I am the dumbass... "Interesting," said Diluc as he put his hand on his chin in a thinking pose. "Give me some time. I'll organize some contacts." He then turned to Aether, Paimon, and I and said, "As for you three, as part of the Knights, it seems you're not suspects. Blonde and (y/h/c) are the only descriptions on the wanted poster. You three should be safe." How the hell did they have enough time to make wanted posters in such short time!?! Diluc then turned to eye Venti and said, "As for the bard however, it'd be better if you stayed in the tavern."

  Venti let out a laugh before he put his hands on his hips to say, "No problem! I like taverns." You also like giving us all the work, don't you? Diluc gave Venti a weird look before he said, "Okay. Let's meet here tonight after the tavern closes."

  We all agreed to Diluc's plan and went on our merry way, going off to do whatever it is that was "important".

[Timeskip]

  "You're here," Venti said, stating the obvious as we walked into the tavern, which was empty since it had long been closed. "Wait, (Y/N) and Aether? What're you two doing here!?" Jean said in surprise as her eyes widened.

  "Why is the Acting Grand Master here?" Aether asked as we three looked at each other in confusion before we all turned to none other than Diluc. "Well, first of all, I contacted more than one person," Diluc explained as he saw us looking towards him for an explanation. "Secondly, she came here as "Jean" herself, not as the Acting Grand Master. A Jean you would never see, even as Honorary Knights."

  "What a surprise," Jean said, still sounding as formal as when she's in Acting Grand Master mode. Did that sound slightly weird?? "I heard about the Holy Lyre, but I never suspected it to be you two." She then turned to Venti and said, "So, the sound of the Holy Lyre can purify Stormterror and return it to normal... Is that true?"

  "That's right! Aether and (Y/N) are putting themselves on the front line to try and resolve this Stormterror issue," Venti said, which is not what we were planning to do, but we don't really have a choice, now do we? "Now those are the hotshots of the Knights of Favonius I'm talking about!"

  "Feels like we're breaking the law though..." Paimon said quietly, making me and Aether nod in agreement. "I understand this kind of absurd explanation is hard to believe," Diluc started, talking to Jean as he ignored our conversation. "But, we can ask the bard to play the song again to try and persuade-" He was then quickly cut off by Jean, who, as quick as lightning, said, "I believe you." "-to persuade our stubborn comman- Wait, what?" Damn, she said it that fast! The way Diluc still continued was a funny look for him though!

  "I can't think of any reason for Dvalin's betrayal, given it was once one of The Four Winds," Jean said as she held a hand to her chest. "However, if it was poisoned in the battle over Mondstadt all those years ago... And then corrupted by the Abyss Mage after it woke up - we can't really blame it. But as Acting Grand Master, I obviously cannot make such a statement publicly. Diplomatic pressure from the Fatui makes it hard for us to seek a peaceful resolution to the Stormterror issue. People would think I've lost grip on the gravity of the situation. That's why I can only do this in private." She sounds unbelievebly stressed.