Chapter 15: Be my Signora (Mondstadt Arc.)

"You guys are back! The Honorary Knights return triumphant!" Amber exclaimedas we ran over to greet her

as we ran over to greet her. We hadn't seen her since we went to confront Stormterror.

"Yup! Aether and (Y/N) are back from tussling with Dvalin!" Paimon said as she threw her tiny arms in the air. Safe to say I got the worst of the "tussling" out of everyone...

"You just returned yesterday, right? Jean got back first, and she told us all about your heroic deeds." Amber then let out a sigh as she looked away and said, "I wonder if I'll ever get an opportunity like that..."

"Trust me then I say that you do not... But this was all thanks to your referral!" I said as my face slightly darkened at the memories. "That doesn't come into it. You guys deserve all the credit for how you resolved this crisis!" Amber replied shyly as she shook her hands in denial. "When I brought you two into the city that day, I was just doing my duty as an Outrider."

"You're welcome! ...But, have you been waiting here for us this whole time?" Paimon asked as she put a finger to her chin. "Of course not! Just because I'm not out on the front line doesn't mean I don't have work to do... In fact, I'm dealing with the aftermath of the crisis as we speak."

"Aftermath? What happened in Mondstadt?" Aether asked as we looked around to see a bunch of things hilichurls would normally build for their camps. "While Master Jean was away, the monsters lurking nearby made a coordinated attack on the city. Fortunately, we weren't completely taken by surprise. I detected the hilichurls were moving closer to the city a while back."

"Right! When we first met, weren't you just about to clear out one of their camps?" I asked as I recalled to that, which was a pretty long while back. "Exactly. And if we hadn't started making preparations back then, Mondstadt would be in much greater danger by now."

"Glad you held them off," Aether said. "Me too. But I have a strange feeling that we're not out of the woods yet... Hilichurls aren't usually capable of coordinating like this... Out best guess is that the Abyss Order is behind it." How have they not figured that out? It's clear that the Abyss Order is behind this!

"They've taken over the hilichurls? Hmm... Good thing we saved Dvalin, or they might've taken him, too..." Paimon said in a slightly sad tone. "That's right. And since I'm the Outrider, it's up to me to keep eyes on the Abyss Order from now on.," Amber said in a serious tone.

"Ugh, I'm sorry. You should be celebrating your victory, not listening to all this somber talk!" Amber quickly exclaimed after her last statement. "Hmm... I promised to take you guys out for some Sticky Honey Roast, didn't I? Before everyone got caught up in the Stormterror crisis." Fuck yeah! I finally have something to look forward to! "There's no time like the present, right? You guys hungry?"

"Mhm!"

"You bet!"

"Just marry me already, Amber-"

"You may have forgotten till just noww, but it's been on Paimon's mind this whole time!" Paimon said as she clapped her hands together in joy. "Awesome, let's go! It's been way too long since I last ate a Sticky Honey Roast myself. Wait for me at Good Hunter. I'll be right there, I just have to clean up here real quick."