chapter 5

Hey guys! I put a picture of Kalmin to the left. I know he's dreamy right? hehehe. Oh and Kalmin means warrior in Scandinavian. He's just full of awesomeness.

I was in and out of sleep for the next twelve hours. It seemed my body was trying really hard to heal. It could almost sense my urgency and wanting to get back to my family. The sooner I healed the sooner I could leave. Kal came by a few times to check on me. I wasn’t sure how to react to this change of events. Around everyone else he was this cocky, over confident jerk. Around me he seemed to soften up a bit. I could still sense his masculinity and the need to control every situation but I could get use to it.

I finally decided to get out of bed and scrounge for some food. A wolf needed to eat right? My stomach let out a loud growl and I whimpered as my hunger increased. I walked downstairs to find the room empty.

“What the hell,” I mumbled to myself.

Where was everybody? I hope they didn’t go out and decide to kill more wolves. I shuddered at that thought. I can’t believe I had killed two shifters. I think what I was more scared of was the pleasure I got from doing it, especially defending Kal. I smiled as I thought of him. He really was a gorgeous piece of work.

The front door opened and slammed into my foot, “Holy crap,” I yelled, hopping up and down as I grabbed my foot.

“Oh my goodness Whitney I am so sorry!”

Kate came over and gave me a hug. I felt a little awkward since I was still standing on one leg while being embraced.

“Oh haha silly me,” she said, letting me go and backing up.

“I thought you were still sleeping dear. I was about to come in and wake you up.”

“Where is everyone?”

“Every Friday we all gather in the large meeting hall and have a pack dinner. We’ve been doing it since Kal’s parents passed away. I guess it’s sort of a tradition now.”

My stomach let out another growl at the mention of food. Kate laughed and I gave her an irritated look.

“Well that answers my question. Come on let’s go. Kalmin has already told the pack that you would be trying to help us so some of them want to meet you.”

I suddenly lost my appetite. Kal was okay and so was Rachel and Kate but the rest of the pack looked vicious. The girls here looked nothing like the ones from my pack. My friends may be able to put up a fight but these girls were downright vicious. If any of them didn’t like me it would be made known right away.

We walked outside and my mood brightened immediately. As much as I loved going out to the mall, eating at restaurants, and having sleepovers, I still enjoyed being outdoors more than anything. I inhaled deeply and allowed the mixture of lake water and dirt to fill my nose. The cool wind whipped around my body and I let out a small shiver. I slipped of my sandals and picked them up. I let the soft dirt move between my toes and sighed deeply. I’m not sure if it was the wolf part of me that liked the outdoors but I was in pure bliss.

We finally made our way to the large hall. I hesitated before entering and looked down at my clothes. I was still wearing the same white tank top and I had on a tight pair of skinny jeans. My bandages needed to be left dry so I really had no choice when it came to shirts. Kate must have noticed my hesitation because she put a hand on my shoulder and smiled.

“It’s okay they won’t be mean to you. Is that what’s bothering you?”

“I’m sorry but I feel a bit underdressed.”