Chapter 6

“Mom, tell Scott to get away from my room and stop knocking on my door,” I mumbled.

I shifted my head to escape the noise and found myself nuzzling my face into something hard. Instinct took over, causing me to leap across the room, crouch low to the ground, and growl at anything within a ten foot radius.

I immediately regretted this decision. My head was slightly throbbing and I had no idea where I was.

“Whitney,” said a deep voice.

I shot up from the ground and quickly backed up. Something grazed my side which put me in attack mode. The poor fool didn’t stand a chance as I threw myself on top of him.

“Crap,” I gasped, as the wind was knocked out of me. I could feel my shoulder open back up right where the previous wound had healed.

“Are you done because the poor table didn’t stand a chance,” said a familiar voice.

I looked over at the couch to see a half-naked Kal staring at me with raised eyebrows.

“What did you do to me?” I snapped, holding onto my dripping wound.

“I didn’t do anything,” he said in an irritated voice.

“Oh sure and you want me to believe that? All guys want one thing, especially from me,” I said pointing at him and feeling the blood drip off my arm.

Kal let out a low growl, “Unless I’m mistaken Princess, you’re the one who wanted to continue to drink the whiskey. Then you threw yourself into my arms before eventually passing out.”

“Right, you must be used to that. Girls probably throw themselves at you all the time.”

I could tell I had struck a nerve. He stood up and marched over to me, placing his face inches from mine.

“You think you have it all figured out don’t you? Do me a favor and just go. I don’t care if you report to me or not, just keep my niece safe and do what you promised. These people mean more to me that your stupid issues.”

“Yes Alpha Kalmin,” I said giving him a bow.

I walked out of the house and made my way to Kate’s. I may have had the last word but my damn shoulder was killing me. I knocked and heard someone rushing towards the door. Kate was about to smile until she saw my shoulder.