XIX

Marine knew what she meant, but she was not going to let her end this. „Well, maybe it's good to be selfish sometimes.”

Elluria looked at her intently. „What? Weren't you listening? She did something bad. I can't do the same.”

Marine stood up, went to the door and lock it. Why didn't she thought about it sooner? Elluria sight and leaned against the wall. „I just can't.”

Marine sat back next to her and took her hand again. „I am not trying to made you feel bad. But, from my perspective your family looks terrible.”

„How is that?” Elluria asked.

„You are their daughter, not their property. They should be supportive, respect that you also have your feelings, desires.”

Elluria was trying to protect them even when she looked like she was not sure about her own words. „They want to do what is best for me.”

„And you think that lock you in the palace and telling you what you should and shouldn't do is best for you?” Marine raised her voice a little, because she really didn't though about that before. „Am pretty sure, in two years they would sign a marriage for you. And they will not even ask!”

„Wow, calm down.„ Elluria said. Marine must looked crazy to her now. „ You don't know what are you saying.”

„I think I know exactly what am I saying. You can't live like this. When I think about it, your sister did just right thing. You need to leave this place for good.”

„I can't do that.”

„So you want to stay here, listen to them, marry a rich prince and give birth to what, like six children?”

„Marine!” Elluria yelled. „Stop. It's not like that. I'm not marring anyone.”

„I'm sure you will.”

„And why do you care so much?!”

Marine freezed. What than not obvious to her? „Because I don't want you to get married to some stupid old man!”

Elluria layed down started crying. And Marine was feeling even worse. „Please, don't cry again. I don't want that.”

She offered her a hand and Elluria pulled her down on bed so they were lying faced against each other.

„I don't know how to feel now.” Elluria said. „But I think I'm starting to understand my sister now.”

„What?”

„I understand why did she left. It's wierd, but I kinda always thought that that feeling between me and Juliette was the most powerful thing.”

Marine ran her hand after Elluria's face, ended up in hair on back of her neck. „And it's not?”

„Back than it was,” Elluria said. „But she fell in love. And I didn't understand that until the same thing happened to me.”

„You're in love?” Marine asked jokingly.

„Mhm,” Elluria smiled.

„With who?” Marine laughed. „ Do I know him?”

„How are you so sure it's a man?” Elluria laughed as she moved forward.

„So it's a woman then?” Marine tried to act surprised.

„It's a witch,” Elluria said. „Beautiful, kind, and really powerful witch.”

„No way!” Marine laughed.

„It's true. So don't you try to kiss me. She is wery protective and it might not end up good for you.”

Marine smiled and looked right into Elluria's eyes. God, she loved this girl so much. „I think I'm going to risk it.”