XVIII

Marine was still feeling little bit dizzy, because of what happened. They were kissing. Elluria kissed her! She was not expecting that. Well — she was thinking about it, and that time in her hideout she wanted to make the first move, but Elluria ran away. So she thought she didn't liked her this way.

But it was clearly not like that. Because theirs lips were touching, and she was holding her by the waist and smelling Elluria's sweet parfume. Just a few minutes ago.

Now Elluria was telling her that she can't continue in this, because of her sister? Marine was even more confused than when she thought Elluria hate her.

„I know it sounds wired,” Elluria said.

„Well, yeah. You need to explain this quickly, because it sounds really silly.”

Elluria took a deep breath and carefully took Marine's hands into hers. „Juliette — my older sister. Way older. We were like best friends, always together, telling each other really everything.”

From the impression of her face Marine knew this story won't end good. She hold Elluria's hands more firmly.

„And than she did something that ruined it. And whole family. She wanted to live outside the palace. She was secretly going out, make some friends, and even meet someone. She thought he was love of her life.”

„And he was not?„ Marine tried to guess.

„No, he was. I think. The problem was she loved him and her freedom more than anything. More than her family. And me.”

Elluria's eyes were suddenly really tearful. So Marine suggested Juliette did something bad to her. But she was not going to interrupt her again.

„Our family found out,” she said. „And forbade it to her. But she didn't listen, of course. So they were going to strengthen the quard.”

One tear slowly ran down Elluria's face. „And the next day, she was gone. Her room was empty, she took her things and decided to run before they will send more men to guard the gates.”

Now Elluria was really crying. And Marine never knew what to do when someone is crying. So she just hugged her. Elluria pitted her head at Marines shoulder and held her tight.

„It's okay,” Marine said even when she knew it didn't change anything.

„It was the worst thing that happened to me.” Elluria cried. „And than the whole family was sad and they were saying things to me like 'good you're not like her' or 'take this like a lesson'.”

„They shouldn't have said that.”

„But it's true!” Elluria pulled away from hug and wiped her tears away. „I should have took that as a lesson. She hurts me so bad and I hated her for being so selfish. And now I'm doing the same.”