VI

Elluria will probably go totally crazy with Marine!  They've only known each other for a few days and Elluria can't stand it.  It wasn't that she didn't like her, she thought Marine was really cool, but what scared her was that she never meant anything. 

They would meet every day. Someday Elluria was trying to teach Marine something, sometimes Marine was showing her what she can do as a wich. And sometimes they just talked. But it seems like everything was just a joke to her. 

And she said really stupid things. Like; Maybe I just wanted to kiss you, you are sweet, I can't turn back to frog maybe another kiss would help, and most of time she would leave with: love ya, bye!

Elluria just extremely hated that Marine can say things like that just between the words and continue talking like nothing happened. She wasn't used to it. And the worst thing was that sometimes she wanted to say something like that too. She didn't want to feel bad about it, if Marine could say things like that, she can too.

So when one day Marine was leaving the palace garden, ready to turn into a frog, she took a deep breath and said: „ Don't you need a kiss this time?”

Marine looked right into her eyes and smiled, like she knew what was Elluria trying to do. And she wasn't going to make it easy to her. „ Yeah, I think it would help.”

What was Elluria supposed to do now? Marine was definitely expecting her to say some dumb apologize and quickly run home.  And she didn't want to look like a fool in her eyes. So she decided to continue in this game. After all, Marine was the one who started it.

„Okay,” she said to her. „I mean it.”
And so she moved forward really fast and give Marine a quick kiss on her cheek.

Marine definitely wasn't expecting this. And right than was the time for her to turn away and go back home without saying anything. Just like Marine always do.

She longed to see her face right now, but she couldn't turn around.  She needed to look like it wasn't a big deal to her.  Even though her cheeks were as red as a tomato and her heart was beating so hard it felt like it was going to jump out of her body.

Does she ever felt something like this? Definitely no.

She never believed she would ever feel so… alive. She's been breaking the rules, lying to her family about Marine, and now she's playing some weird game with the witch!

   A few months ago, she wouldn't have believed that she would ever do any of these things. And the main reason she was freaking out was because she really, really, liked this new self of hers.