fourteen

August 24, 2019
It's been over a month, and Fiona is almost fully healed. The wound is still a little tender, but her walking is back to semi-normal. Eve still pokes fun at her the way she walks, and Fiona whines everytime. Lily's entering in her last year of high school, senior year, safe to say she's nervous. Eve's been nagging on about college, what she wants to study and where to go. She's already told Fiona where she plans on applying, UCLA. California. It's not exactly easy telling your mom you want to go somewhere across the country.

So Eve finding out that her own daughter would be that far away from home, she'd be crushed. Lily decided she's going to tell her mom, and knows it's going to cause drama. Considering that today is Jennifer's gender reveal party. Fiona was up earlier than Eve so her and Lily could go over what she wants to say. This was going to be hard, and both know they are going to face some consequences. They were both sitting at the kitchen table, when Eve came downstairs.

There was a clear puzzled look on her face. "What's going on? Is something wrong?" She asked warily and walked over to them.

Fiona was fighting the urge to naw on her cuticles. "Lily needs to talk to you about something important." She said and Eve's face grew more with worry. What the hell?

"Are you ok?" Adams asked, and grabbed her her hands for comfort. Both for herself and for Lily. Fiona felt nauseous.

"I know you've been asking about college and said that I don't know. I lied." Lily told her, feeling 3 seconds away from crying.

Her eyebrows furrowed, and could see that Lily was going to cry. "Why?" Adams asked and watched Lily make eye contact with Fiona. Does she know?

Fiona nodded her head, and Lily lowered her head. "Because I want to go to UCLA." She said and Eve froze. Fiona started to panic, Lily felt a metaphoric slap to the face. Fuck.

"California? Did you know about this? Why didn't tell me?" Eve asked, watching Lily's lip quiver in panic. She's gonna cry. Oh, shit.

"I knew how you would react. I didn't want to fight about it or have you hate me." She blubbered out and Evelyn didn't realize how scared she was to tell her. She felt awful.

Fiona felt so bad. She wanted to cry. Adams hates seeing her like this. "Oh, Honey. Don't cry. I could never hate you, you're my kid. I love you." Eve said in a soothing tone, and it helped calmed her down.

Lily relaxed after a couple minutes, but felt a little embarrassed. "I love you, too. You're not mad then?" She asked and Eve wiped her tears away with a smile.

"A little upset, but no, I'm not mad." Adams told her and Lily sniffled before she getting up to hug her. Fiona got a wink in return.

Hours had passed by, and things felt pretty normal for once. That didn't mean there's something bothering Fiona. Something she didn't know how to bring up, considering it's about her girlfriend. It was Jennifer's gender reveal party, which neither of them want to go to. William and Jennifer having a child is giving birth to the Antichrist. Eve was in her office sending emails, when Fiona knocked.

Eve smiled when she saw her. "Can we talk before we have to go?" Fiona asked and closed the door for some security.

"Sure." Eve said and turned her focus to Fiona, who looked like something was off.

"Are you mad that I didn't tell you I knew?" Fiona asked, and Eve sighed before patting her lap for her to come and sit. She did.

"No. Lily trusts you. It means a lot that she loves and trusts you." Eve said and Fiona leaned down to kiss her. There's something else and Adams couldn't tell what though.