Splitting

Diane? How was this possible? 

"Diane? Wha-how...how is this possible?! Tell me." I nudged the pistol closer to her head, demanding she explained what had happened.

"Well...you see...I'm the Crimson Paw."

Crimson who? Never heard of a Crimson Paw before, even with the vast amount of knowledge I had.

Diane saw the confused expression on my face and tried explaining further. "Y'know...greatest bad guy in the world? Stole the Zumpango Diamond? 

"No..."

"Even if you don't know who I am, I need to tell you something. Marmalade is behind this!"

"What? Of course I know, it's obvious! He had the right means, motive, and goal to pull it off." I said. "However, you are still going to prison."

"It's either you take us back and face the threat alone, or you face the threat with the lesser of the two evils." Diane said. "As far as I'm concerned, which is an objective fact, you're both evil." I shot back. 

"Hmph." I lowered my weapons, annoyed at the lack of choice. "Perhaps you are right. I will let you off until Marmalade is sent to prison. But make no mistake, anyone makes one step out of line, and I'll kill you."

The alarms went off, finally. I didn't know how, but perhaps the camera guy had finally paid attention. How did these people have years of experience?

"Alright, new plan, Bad Guys. Follow me!" Diane yelled.

A few minutes later, I was sitting on a motor boat, as the boats exploded behind us in a smokescreen of water. Such skill...did she know those underwater mines would be there? Or did she figure it out along the way? Either way, equally insane.

"Yep, I'm still the best. Just like riding a stolen bicycle." Diane said. "Oh, you got a little..." Diane extinguished Piranha's head, which was somehow on fire.

"Hey, are you gonna pay for that damage? I think you might've killed someone back there." 

"No, everyone there has insurance." SCUM really was scum, wasn't it? They only hired people that had insurance, and made them sign a contract where they couldn't sue them if they got hurt. Diabolical. Sounds like a cologne.

"Hey, why did you save us anyway? The bigger question is, how is trigger fingers over there not trying to put us back there?!

I decided to stay silent and not retaliate to his remark, despite my urge to shoot him right then and there.

"First things first, after the gala, I knew something wasn't right, so I did some investigating, and that meteor-"

"I know, some kind of cosmic mega super antenna thing."