Anger

The night sky replaced the bright day, with the ethereal pearl called the moon taking the place of the glowing sun. No stars could be seen due to light pollution coming from the city, but I didn't mind.

I was ironing my suit when I noticed the time on my watch.

I had tried to comb my pixie cut into some other hairstyle to look professional at the gala, like...another pixie cut. My hair was too short to be turned into any other type of haircut.

Best to look professional than anything else.

Sighing, I finished tying the, well, tie around my neck and stepped outside of the guinea pig's mansion. Outside, Diane's limousine waited. She had offered me the courtesy of a ride after I "helped" The Bad Guys become good.

Despite that, a sense of nervousness passed over me. I just hoped that they were actually good. I was actually sort of hoping for them to succeed.

More so because of Tarantula than anything else. She shared the same life experiences, the same struggles, the same dedication. I felt relieved that someone understood what it felt like.

Still, it was bias towards them, and bias was unprofessional. The Bad Guys were granted temporary leave, leading to the lack of security guards. A terrible idea.

The Bad Guys were in the limo behind us, something that bothered me. The Bad Guys were all alone.

They had the perfect opportunity to discuss a heist plan or escape plan of sorts. It would certainly be very stupid if they had discussed their plans in a place with cameras and audio recorders, right? So dumb, in fact, that I ignored the possibility. If SUCM wanted to be remotely competent, they would have already heard about the plan and brought them to jail early.

The gala was a large open area, a giant lightshow, with beams of light stretching into the sky. Despite being advertised as a great and wonderful event, it was little more than a stage and a bar with rich people.

Sometimes, the world is little more than money and status. The gala was proof of that.

As I stepped into the gala, I noticed a lack of money on the counter. Only about a few million dollars was donated...even though the entire point of visiting the gala was to donate. Hmm.

Chief of Police, Misty Luggins was spying on either Mr. Wolf, or Diane, by the approximate direction her binoculars were faced.

I snuck my way over to the DJ booth, which was unsurprisingly offline, given the 60s type music.

I crawled up there to get a better look at the entire thing, because security was still the number one priority.

"Hey."

I turned around, meeting the eyes of Ms. Tarantula. They seemed nervous, or anxious, and something told me it wasn't me she was nervous for.

"This gala is one, big, pretentious event to improve Marmalade's public image. I'm not surprised you're up here." I said.

"Oh, y'know...just had to get away from the noise."

A bit of a silence passed, and the slow music didn't help speed it up. In fact, it was the song When a man loves a woman, by Michael Dorton.

"I noticed the tattoos on your arm and neck. What are they?"

"Just some peace signs to some street gangs."

"At least your exquisite clothes cover your arm tattoo..."

An few minutes later, a loud sound coming from the stage erupted through the room, turning, I saw Piranha, seemingly just realizing what he did.