Meeting

You held onto that thought for until the next day. It bothered you. Marmalade was extremely generous, nice, etc. There was no reason for that. Was he some sort of alien with butts for hands? Eh, probably not, you thought, pulling down the window blinds. The officers at home base knew what they were doing with him, so you tried remaining calm.

"P-please! Don't ki-kill me!"

You rolled your eyes, picking out a twenty dollar bill. It felt strange, picking up such a massive object, but the weight of the dollar certainly did not fit it's size.

"Drive to Marmalade's house."

You fazed out the driver begging for mercy,  they would always say something or another. Usually about their family It's always about how they have family. Oh, please! You had to eat one or two of your siblings. Grumbling, you could feel a small, almost insignificant headache form in your head.

"I...will not eat you. I will not poison you. Your family will not die. I work for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You can trust me."

You wanted to eat and poison the driver though. You hadto deal with this all the time. You would get a driver license but...you weren't exactly capable of driving.

"Yep, put it right in front of the sidewalk."

Jumping down from the seat, you placed down the twenty dollars on the storage compartment. You then pulled the window blinds open and pressed the window open.

Slipping under whatever the window was made of, you made the unfortunate mistake of underestimating how slippery cars were.

You almost fell on your side, but landed on your feet, somewhat annoyed at yourself for slipping.

"So, a giant, modern mansion is where he lives." You muttered to yourself. For someone that was always preaching kindness, generosity, etc, Marmalade spent a lot of money on his house.

You couldn't get one of those mansions in years, not with the job you had. You would need to kill or capture over 100 warlords, terrorists, and just in general, a disturbance to the public. Usually only one target was able a month, two if you were lucky. Even luckier if you didn't need to capture them.

You put your already growing frustration to the back of your mind. You would not allow yourself to appear undignified in front of The Bad Guys.

You pushed the door open, barely enough to fit through. It seemed the Bad Guys arrived first. Marmalade was talking about experience being a teacher?

Too much was on your mind right now, you thought. The last thing you wanted was some insecure thieves making stupid jo-

"A giant butt!"

Ooookay. Perhaps the fish was just stupid.

"It's not a butt. It's a lamp." The professor explained.

"Oh, Tarantula, look!" Mr Piranha said. "It's the spider! Remember?" Mister Piranha, was it? He was ignorant enough to ignore an explanation from Marmalade. He seemed excited to see you too. The reason, you did not know. You were technically the one that arrested them in the first place. Was this some sort of joke you didn't understand?

"As I was saying, the five of you are villains, predators and remorseless sociopaths." Well, you didn't know about the sociopath one. You had spoken to multiple sociopaths, during your days where you started out as a psychologist for the asylum section of the hospital downtown. Anything was better than that.

"Stop, you're making me blush."The shark had interrupted the guinea pig from his speech. To be honest you probably would too. Marmalade was either pretentious beyond belief, or actually a good person. You were betting on the first one.