09

Junior glided his fingers along the blade. "You got guts, kid." Y/n heard a car pulling into the driveway. Junior set the knife on the desk, walking over to the window. "I'll go check who it is," he said. "I'll go with you," Y/n said. They went down the stairs and opened the front door. The car honked. Y/n noticed it was the lady from the wake.

"Hello?" Junior said. "Oh," she looked at us. "Hello," she cheerfully said. She held a container in her hands and walked over to the two. "Is it Junior?" She asked. "Hi, Junior. You don't know me yet, but I wanted to bring you something to help you through this difficult time," she handed him the container.

"It's Swedish meatballs!" She took the lid off. "Your father's favorite," she smiled, putting the lid back on. "And who are you?" She looked at Y/n. "I'm Y/n. Nice to meet you," Y/n said. "She's my girlfriend," Junior said. "Oh okay!" She smiled. "I know you," Junior said. She giggled. "Aren't you a little young to have seen 'Bound'?"

"No, you were the—the lady at my mom's funeral," he told her. "Oh. There..." She put her hand on his face. "There. Don't worry. It's gonna get a lot better, I promise," she took off her hand from his face. "Is Jake home?" She asked. "You know, he's been through this before."

"He knows how important it is to have a women in the house to take care of you, right Y/n?" She looked at her. "Um, sure," Y/n said. "You mustn't ever let circumstance take that away from you," she told Junior. "What were you doing there with my dad?" Junior asked. She gasped.

"Oh, my God, he didn't tell you?" She asked. "Oh, no, no, I've said too much already," she anxiously looked around. "Don't tell anyone, okay?" She looked at them. "It'll be our little secret, okay?" She said. She walked to her car, then looked back at them. "I was never here," she whispered.

She got in her car, driving out of the driveway. "That was weird," Junior said as they walked back in the house. "Mhm," Y/n agreed.

•••
Chucky cackled. "I can hear him. He's coming," he told the two. "I think he's drunk," Junior said. Chucky cackled again. "This is gonna be great. Gonna be great," he said. "Okay. I'll just follow your lead," he said. The door opened, Junior looking up from Chucky.

Logan looked around the room. "Junior. We need to talk," he said. "What are you doing with that thing?" He asked. Chucky slowly turned his head, looking at Logan. "Hi. I'm Chucky. And I'm your friend till the end. Hidey-ho! Ha ha ha."

"Look, uh, hey, um..I don't know why your mom did what she did." He walked over to them, leaning on the bed. "But I do know she loved you," he told him. Chucky blinked. "I like to be hugged," he told Logan. Logan snatched Chucky. "How do I turn this thing off?" Y/n and Junior jumped off the bed.

Junior walked over to his dad. "Hidey-ho! Ha ha ha." Junior snatched the doll from his dad, facing him. "What's wrong with you?" Logan asked. Junior didn't respond. "Junior, I asked you a question."

"You sure drink a lot," Chucky said. Logan starred at the doll. "Just like Uncle Lucas. Just like your brother," he smiled. "Knock it off," Logan said. "Logan, Lucas. Lucas, Logan. They sound the same to me," Chucky said. "Logan and Lucas, the loser twins!"

"Stop it!" Logan looked at the doll. "Stop it!" Logan looked at Junior. "Glug, glug, glug." Logan lashed out, grabbing the doll. "Get your fucking hands off me," Chucky told him. Logan let go, Junior holding Chucky out in front of him. Junior walked towards Logan, making him back up. Y/n followed.

"What'd you say to me?" Logan asked. "You heard me, Dad." Logan was backed up in the wall. He looked at Chucky. "How you doing that?" He asked. Chucky laughed. "Tell you in a minute. But now that I've got your attention, Dad, let's talk about that bitch at the funeral." Y/n leaned on the doorway.