04

Y/n woke up, the sun shining through the windows of Junior's bedroom. She saw Junior rummaging in his closet, looking for what to wear. Junior turned around, and saw Y/n awake.

"Hey," he smiled, walking over to her. "Morning."
"How'd you sleep?" He asked, sitting on the bed and putting on his shoes. "Good. You?" She got out of the sheets, swinging her legs over the bed and standing up. "Good."

Y/n got her outfit out from her Marc Jacobs tote bag. "I'll be right back, i'm going to change," Y/n said. "Alright. I'll be downstairs." Y/n nodded, leaving the bedroom and entering the bathroom. She quickly changed and exit the bathroom.

She walked back into Junior's room, sitting on his bed and putting on her socks. She slipped on her shoes, tying the laces. And of course, her usual gold jewelry.

She walked down the stairs, seeing Bree and Jake talking. "Morning," Y/n smiled. "Morning, honey," she smiled back. "Junior's already in the car. We're just waiting for Logan." Y/n nodded and went out the front door. She went out to the black suv, opening the car door. Junior saw her get in.

"Ugh, I forgot. You're going to have to sit in the middle," Junior said. "You know, because of Jake."
"Alright," Y/n said, scooting closer to Junior. "And because I would rather have you here then on the other side," he grabbed her by the waist. "I love you too," Y/n laughed out.

"Excited for Oliver's party?" He asked. "Yep." Later, Jake opened the door, hopping in. Junior rolled his eyes at him, earning a "what?" from Jake.

•••

They drove down the road, kids already trick-or-treating. Junior had his head laid on his seat, looking out the window, his and Y/n's hands intertwined. Jake was movie around from the heat of his chair. "You okay back there, Jake?" asked Logan, looking in the rear view mirror. "Yeah, it's just—my seat's hot."

Logan looked back, seeing the chair heater on. "Oh, Jake, I'm sorry. You can turn that down," he said, looking back at the road. "There's a switch over there on the right." Junior looked at Jake. "You know, long periods of exposure can cause second-degree burns," he said. "It's called Toasted Skin Syndrome."

"That's ridiculous," Bree said. "Look it up, it happens," Junior said, looking back out the window. "Not in a Lexus, it doesn't," Bree looked in the back. "Jake, don't pay any attention to him, sweetheart," he told him, then giving Junior a look. "Remind me, what's your protein intake this week?" Logan asked.

"Uh, 50 grams a day?" Junior looked at his father.
Y/n was prepared for Logan's rant. "Oof, you should bump that up to 75," Logan looked back in the rear view mirror. "But dad, state's not till the 15th," Junior protested. "Plus, I'm not a sprinter and I only weighed 105 this morning."

"We don't want you getting injured a week before the most important race of your life," Logan smiled. "Just have a Clif Bar before lunch, okay?" Junior threw his head back. "Okay," Junior sighed out. Y/n gave his hand a squeeze, knowing exactly how Logan can be sometimes. He gave her a sympathetic smile, before looking back out the window again.

•••
Logan pulled by the curb, parking. "Have a good day at school, Junior," Bree told him. Junior opened his door, getting out. Y/n followed right after him, closing the door behind her. They walked up to the school doors, spotting Lexy. "I wish my dad would lay off of me even just for a minute," he sighed.

"I know. I hate it for you, trust me," Y/n told them as they walked up to Lexy. "Hey," Lexy smiled at them. Y/n said hi, Junior not saying anything. "Someone's in a mood," Lexy mumbled to Y/n. "Something happened in the car, not much," Y/n told them. The trio saw Oliver walk up to Jake.