13

The next morning I awoke not in my own bed and certainly not alone. All I could see was Niall's throat that was directly in my line of sight. After a quick recap of last night I was able to calm my racing heart. We did not sleep together. We just slept together. I chanced a look at Niall's face and nearly gasped at its close proximity to mine. We were mere inches apart. His face looked utterly relaxed and peaceful, an expression I hadn't seen on him often in our four months of companionship.

It was at that moment that Cale decided it was acceptable to wake up. I heard him start to cry across the hall and on the baby monitor next the bed. I tried to quietly disentangle myself from Niall's arms that were securely wrapped around my waist, bringing our bodies flush together. As I was making some progress, he started to stir. I instantly froze. He shifted a tiny bit and let out a contented sigh before settling down again. I let out a breath I'd been holding and extracted myself from the bed.

After retrieving Cale and feeding him his breakfast, Niall joined us and made no mention of last night’s sleeping arrangements. For the next two days I managed to sleep in my own bed each night which actually was a miracle considering how exhausted I was from taking care of Cale and packing our bags. As it turned out Niall was a shit packer. Despite his touring and traveling, he had no expertise in the area. So not only was I doing Cale’s but Niall’s luggage and mine on top of that.

--

It was the morning of the trip, I was hustling around the house trying to make sure everything, and everyone was packed and accounted for.

"Emily stop stressing. We have everything and if we don't we can buy it there okay?" Niall soothed coming into Cale's nursery with aforementioned baby in his arms.

"Okay." I relented and took a deep breath.

"Good, now let’s go we want to get there today." He teased.

The two-hour car ride was surprisingly not as bad as expected. Cale mostly slept while Niall and I chatted about random things. The closer we got to the coast the more excited I became. Finally, we pulled up in front of a white cottage.  It had two balconies and appeared very modern.

"It has five bedrooms so you get your pick." Niall informed as we stepped out of the car.

"Niall this is amazing!" I gushed and threw my arms around his neck. He returned the embrace, wrapping his arms around my waist. We broke apart and I moved to the side of the car to get Cale and his Carrier while Niall unloaded our bags from the trunk. I grabbed my small suitcase in my free hand and followed Niall into our new home for the next five days.

--

Our first few days at the beach had been great. We spent most of our time in the ocean or playing in the sand with Cale. He loved the water. Niall and I would take turns flicking water on him and Cale's face would light up in the biggest grin. Every evening we would come back to our cottage and eat dinner there. Afterwards we would give Cale a bath and put him to bed. Niall and I would then shower ourselves then sit outside on one of the balconies and just talk. We talked about little things like our favorite songs and sometimes serious things such as the future.