Chapter 6

Casper grins. "That looks like a photo album."

Kat frowns. "So far no luck, no potions left, no notes, nothing!"

"I don't think my father would let something like this just sit around, he must have hidden his notes in a safe place in case Charles ever found this place."

"But what about the red vial we found during the party?"

"Hmm.. you're right." Casper replies, deep in thought.

Kat looks at the book, then at Casper. "Maybe he left it for you, in hopes that you'd find it before Charles. Maybe your father wanted you to have another chance at life too!" Kat says happily.

Casper smiles at Kat, admiring her. "Maybe you're right."

With that, the two of them continue their search, talking and laughing and brainstorming. The book was a photo album and inside were pictures of Casper and his family. The notes inside were reminders to Casper's father to keep trying. The album was purely for motivation to get his son back.

Soon they had sorted through all the papers, the vault, and bookshelves, but couldn't find anything. Kat went back to the photo album and began looking through all the photos, Casper looked so cute and a young boy.

Kat had pulled out one of the photos of Casper standing by a tree, and rushed over to Casper to show him as he had continued to look, not wanting to give up hope.

"Awh! Casper this is my favorite photo of you!" Kat replies.

"Looks like it was my father's favorite too." Casper says, taking the photo. He had noticed the special love and care the photo had, and the words his father had written on the front.

Casper has a sad smile on his face. The photo was bittersweet. He had so many fun memories as a child there, but he also felt sad that he probably could never experience being human again.

Just then Kat notices words on the back of the photo. She narrows her eyes, confused. What was written on the back? When she steps closer, Kat reads the title.

"Resurrection Tonic.." Kat says. "Casper!!! We found it!

Casper looks up at Kat, slipping out of his thoughts, he processes what she had, puzzled.

"Where?" Casper replies confused.

Kat takes the photo, flipping it over for Casper before handing back to him. Casper looks it over, seeing the title and the formula.

"Hey most of these ingredients are here in the lab!" Casper says ecstatic, flying around and grabbing them all.

"Most? What are we missing?" Kat replies, watching Casper soar across the room, gathering materials. He looks over to Kat, setting down the items he had in his hands on his father's desk.

"Well... hm.." Casper replies, looking over the recipe book. "This might take a while, Kat."

"What is it?"

"It's going to take longer than a few hours to make." Casper says, spilling the sad news.

Kat grabs Casper's hand. "I'll be right here with you." Kat smiles and Casper smiles back, grateful to have Kat in his 'life'. Kathleen Harvey was definitely a keeper.