Chapter 5

As they reach the bottom, and into Casper's father's lab, the lights switch on and the machine they had found during Kat's party, is still above the water. The empty vial that had contained Casper's father's red potion was still in the system.

Kat goes over and pulls the vial out, holding it up. It was completely empty, not a single drop was left in the bottle.

Casper floats around the room, checking every nook and cranny for anything related to the resurrection machine. Nothing.

Kat frowns as she sees Casper not having any luck. Surely Casper's father had something here. As she pondered, it made her wonder why Casper's dad had such a machine ready to use, but never used it on Casper once it was done.

Kat asks Casper carefully, she knew it still pained Casper to think about the past.

Casper replies, floating up next to her. He explains that his father never got the chance to see if the machine ever worked. A man named Charles Anthony Stickler had taken possession of Casper's father's house and had ulterior motives to find his resurrection machine and use it for wrong.

Casper's father had then taken extra precautions to then hide the lab underneath the floor of his study. He had spent all his time hiding the machine and his lab, that before he could use it, Charles came and shot Casper's father, taking over the mansion.

Casper's father was unable to use the machine on Casper in time. Casper had been taking care of his uncles at a parlor when Charles had come into the house to find the secret lab, but as he was doing soon, Casper's father caught him and was shot because of it.

"But why would he shoot him? Wouldn't he want him to lead him to the lab?" Kat asks.

"I don't know, my father wasn't around to tell the tale. I guess he didn't have any unfinished business either.." Casper replies.

"Sure he did! He had the resurrection machine to use!" Kat exclaims.

"I guess not in his eyes? As ghosts, we get to choose to stay or go, but if things are really troubling or a problem for us, then we need to solve them before we go."

"Oh, so it's like you get a choice if you don't have any unfinished business?"

"I suppose so, yes. I technically could go home now if I wanted to. I've been approved as a ghost with no unfinished business. But I've chosen to stand because I want a chance at life! I want a chance with you.." Casper answers.

"I'm flattered." Kat laughs. The two of them continue to joke and talk about Casper and his 'unfinished business', but as they are, Kat stumbles on something caught in a shelf full of dust and spider webs.

"What could this be?" Kat asks, Casper narrows his eyes at the object in Kat's hand, she had pulled it out and was now brushing off the dust.