Chapter 1

As soon as Kat saw the tall blond boy walk through the crowd of teens, he instantly grabbed her attention. He was a tall young man, and he had deep blue eyes. The boy walked toward Kat, his eyes locking with hers. Kat looked around her, surely he had been looking at someone else.

The boy reached his hand out to Kat, admiring her beauty, and she politely took his hand after hesitating. Who was he? Nobody had noticed her like this before and it made her feel so special, not to mention, he was very good looking.

Leading her onto the dance floor, The boy took her hands in his and began to waltz her across the floor. Kat stared deeply into his mysterious eyes. How had she grabbed his attention? The two of them talked here and there but were mostly captivated by each other.

The silence was comfortable, too comfortable. They didn't have to say a word to each other. It was like they were in their own bubble of time. The world around them was a blur, and nobody else took their attention. Nobody else was there but them.

The boy began to levitate, taking Kat with him, but she did not notice a thing. They were now floating and dancing, and the crowd around them soon turned their attention to the commotion around them. The crowd then gather around the two, shocked.

But the world stood still. Kat wrapped her arms around the boys neck, feeling safe and happy. He hugged her back, returning the feelings. It was as if everything in the world could go wrong, but nothing could affect them.

Then the boy spoke once more, quietly into Kat's ear, her eyes were closed, and she was captured in the moment. "Can I keep you?" He says gently, caressing Kat's hair framing her ears.

Kat breathes in, now opening her eyes, she looks at the blond boy now realizing who he was. "Casper?" but the clock strikes 10pm. Casper looks Kat in the eyes, wanting to stay in the moment forever.

Kat looks down at his lips, and up at his eyes, as Casper does the same. He looked a little bit in distress, but Kat couldn't figure out why. Then, gently, Casper leaned in, lightly brushing Kat's lips with his. Kat doesn't pull back, she gives in, letting him gently press his lips to hers. The kiss was sweet for the two, but bittersweet for Casper. He knew he'd become a ghost any second now.

The crowd watches mesmorized by the way they were floating, what was happening? Suddenly, the blond boy who had been floating, slowly dissipated into nothing. The teens gasp in surprise, Kat now opening her eyes, sees Casper disappear from human to ghost.

The room goes silent, everyone frozen by fear. "Boo?" Casper says, looking around and the teens immediately scream, followed by silence, and then everyone scrambling out of the house.

"Casper?" Casper hears Kat's voice from behind him, he turns to face her, now looking down at himself. He frowns.

"Still me." He replies.

"That was really you?"