t w e n t y - o n e

This Chapter is dedicated to my awesome friend who is the reason why I started writing on Wattpad.

prettybutterflywings

____________

c h : t w e n t y • o n e
____________

"Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?" I ask with an innocent but accusing look.

"Like that."

I don't reply and simply sip the frappe I ordered.

Andrew's eyes dart to the window and back. "Ugh; these reporters think they're so invisible."

"Isn't that why you asked me to breakfast? Seeing as I'm known worldwide as your girlfriend now, we've gotta put on a show for them, right?"

He sighs but stretches a smile to show our 'surroundings' that we were a golden couple that has never argued over anything. "For the umpteenth time, 'Cinda... I'm sorry. From the bottom of my heart. Aside from my smile; I'm not even acting right now. How about this? You can punch me all you want... when there's no one around."

With a five second contemplation and an extra two second hesitation, I drop my tense stare by releasing a breath of air. "I can never hate you."

This time, his smile reached his eyes. Surprisingly, there was no hint of red or pink on his cheeks. "I mean, c'mon? Who could?"

"I'm just frustrated about this... occurrence."

"Why?"

I shrug and notice that Andrew was right about the reporters who thought they were invisible. They hid carelessly behind the cars parked in front of the cafe seeing as we were sitting at the window.

"Listen; I'm already in a relationship as it is, Andy... an arranged marriage at that. They're prohibiting me from signing the divorce papers in another few days and as I'm about to break free from this stupid contract.... the contract extends and I just had to get involved in another relationship. I'm sorry, but these are just my own thoughts on this. It's making my brain very exhausted while the problems continue to pile."

He sighs and looks down at his coffee cup, most likely not wanting to drink it anymore. "I know. I understand you... I really do. But I'm not really here because Ryler told me to, I'm here because I know his decision was right and I'm here because I'm your friend. Not your fake love interest or the-guy-you-were-meant-to-marry-in-the-first-place..."

"Andrew." I scold but he chuckles.

"Soft topic? Got it." He leans back into his seat, unnoticeably stretching his back while doing so. "But as I was saying... I'm like the guardian angel sent to guide you along the path to anywhere but here."

I scoff a small smile at him. "So what comes next?"

"Next?" His eyes dart to a corner behind me as he runs in thought. "Ryler... hasn't really told me."

I give him one of those '...really?' expressions. "In other words... you guys ran into a brick wall?"

"Just a wall. Not a brick one."