s e v e n t e e n

My heart beat frantically, making my throat feel constricted, as a mixture of anticipation and excitement overwhelm me internally.

I checked the time on my phone.

He should be walking through the terminal... any second now.

10 minutes passed.

"Any second now." I mutter to myself; the excitement slowly turning into frustration. "He must really enjoy taking his time."

30 minutes passed.

I watched more people exit the arrival but so far; nobody had seen the name on my sign.

"Rapunzel?" A blonde woman reads it as she walks by; scoffing and laughing as she does.

I pouted and frowned, when an entire hour passed.

Maybe I came too late? No, I came half an hour earlier than the time his flight landed. Maybe he forgot the nickname or was too embarrassed to walk up to me upon seeing 'Rapunzel' written in capsized letters? No... Will won't do that.

Would he?

I ran a hand through my hair and sat down at one of the cafes that had a clear view of the arrival doors. Less and less people were coming out now, making me tap my foot in impatience, against the airports floor.

"That's it... I'm gonna kill him." I reach over and sip on my hot chocolate before biting into the cinnamon brioche I bought. "When I see him, I'm gonna hit him into space. Throw him off the rocket and watch him get sucked into a black hole."

In other cases- this would be referred to as 'binge eating' but I call it 'eating because I want to and eating because I can'.

"That won't be very nice, now would it?" I hear a sudden voice say in amusement.

My eyes flicker up to see the source of the deep voice and find a blond haired male with everything not all blond haired males had.

If it weren't for the recognisable 'Italian' brown eyes he had... I wouldn't have guessed it was him.

"I rather you kill me than gawk at me like I've had the meanest glow up in the world." He stares at me in disbelief.

My mouth nearly hung open, but it didn't- because it was filled with cinnamon brioche to the point where I looked like a binge eating chipmunk.

I swallowed some. "But that's because you do have the meanest glow up. Like; you're not supposed to have muscles or be taller than me."

I didn't have to stand beside him to know how tall he was compared to me.

"So like; you're not gonna hug me? It's been about seven years."

"Eight." I correct him.

"Well, look who's been counting." He says sarcastically. "About that hug-?"

He holds out his arms and I stare at him for a bit before pointing at a group of 4 girls most likely waiting for someone to arrive.

"Can you hug me in front them and I don't know- make them jealous? Show off your glow up."

He gives me an exasperated look. "You're disgusting, Bella."