3.

Jay's POV

"Helooo." I sang when Nate and I spotted the rest of the girls plus Chris.

"Finally." Chris said under his breath.

Dinner went on as a very normal and uninteresting dinner would go.

It was time that we all headed home and Chris hitched a ride home since he was dropped off by his mom to school.

I turned on the radio to our local news station to find more about what happened in the wreck we passed a while ago.

"Young high school boy crashes into a stop light pole due to speeding. This event caused him to be in a very fatal situation. Identified as Styles, Harry Styles."

"Fuck no." Chris said, obviously being very shocked by what was heard through the radio.

"Hold on turn it up please." I said not really hearing the best due to Chris' very exasperated reaction.

"More bad news, this boy has been living alone for his parents were part of the hostage taking in the Forum. Studies in, Bridgetown High School. So any friends or close family ties please take the time to visit this boy. He is currently confined at the St. John Private Hospital. "

"No wonder." I whispered.

"Jay you just missed my fucking house. Ya bitch." Chris said while laughing then groaning.

"Oh shit. I got carried away. Sorry." I answered.

Making a U turn, approaching Chris' house.

"Thanks biotch. See you tomorrow. By the way can you pick me up?" Chris shrugged and closed the door walking up to his house.

"Little fucker." I mumbled.

Contemplating on visiting Harry now or tomorrow, but deciding I'd go tomorrow with some of my friends.

I head home actually realizing that I am very sleepy.

*

Going up to my room to prep for bed my phone starts buzzing in my pocket and lighting up to show an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hi is this Elizabeth Jay Cross?"

"Yes, mind who's speaking?"

"This is Nurse Sasha from the St. John Private Hospital. I'm calling regarding your grandmother. She has been calling out for you the past few hours and I thought about calling you a while ago but you might've still been in school. So considering it's only a quarter 'till 9 would you want to visit?"

"Oh yes of course."

I end the call and head up to my mom's room.

"Mom." I say while shaking her to get up.

This process had to repeat around ten more time due to the fact that my mom's a heavy sleeper.

"Mm babe?" she said, peeking one eye open.

"The hospital called about gammy. They said that she's been calling out for me. Do you wanna come or do you just wanna stay here for tonight then go tomorrow?"

"I'll go tomorrow. She must want some alone time with you."

"Okay." I say, fixing her blanket and kissing her cheek.

My heart is constantly pounding, wondering why on earth was my gammy calling for me. A course of anxiousness goes through me making me bounce my leg up and down as I head over to the hospital.

*

"Hi I'm here for Stella Stein" I say to the very aged nurse seated at the front desk.

"Sorry? Oh dear! Yes! Room 367." She answers a tad bit flustered.

I got up to the third floor to locate gammy's room. Once I've spotted it, I don't hesitate to knock and just open the room. Gently, of course.

When Enter the room I stand there utterly shocked at the figure on the bed that is absolutely not gammy.

Harry.

"Hi! You must be a friend of his. Can I get your name sweetie? You are the first person who's been here." A nurse said, entering the room.

"U-u-I-I'm not th-the lady at the desk must've misheard me. I came to visit my grandma Stella Stein? I said utterly confused and clearly flustered.

"Oh dear! Sorry! Stella Stein. Huh. Are you, in any chance El? Her granddaughter?" The nurse asked.

I smile a tiny bit at the mention of the nickname gammy calls me. She says that "Jay" is too masculine for a girl like me. So she calls me "El" since my first name's Elizabeth.

"Oh yes! I am. You must be Nurse Sasha." I say smiling at her.

"Yes sweetie, come on down and follow me. Sorry about Cynthia at the desk she's a knacker." She says along with a knock on her head to portray Cynthia's knackered-ness.

I follow her to gammy's room. Taking a set by her bed, holding her hand and looking at her in her state of sleep.

She seemed so peaceful.

The door clicked signaling Sasha's departure.

I observe gammy for a while and I finally open my mouth to say something.

"Hi gammy." I say smiling with tears threatening to be shed. I draw little figures on her delicate hands, like I always would ever since I was younger.