Chapter 5~

Thank you for all the help! :D (p.s. you should read her story!)

************************************************************************************************

In front of me stood Mr. Bad Boy, looking extremely hot in a leather jacket and dark jeans. Josh tensed next to me, but it was probably because his friend here was obviously checking me out. I had to admit, Bad Boy wasn’t sore on the eyes. Luckily Josh was too busy glaring at him to realize I was taking a look too.

Bad Boy had black hair that was styled perfectly, along with that his eyes were the perfect shade of light-jean blue. He probably was 6’1, maybe taller, but either way he towered over my average 5’7 figure. He had caught my eye when Josh interrupted, “Cassie, meet Trent.” His tone was flat and my body went rigid, the only thing I could think was I’m in so much trouble!

“Nice to meet you... Cassie,” smoothly replied a new, warm voice.

I nearly jumped right where I was standing but managed to say, “Oh, ya, of course, you too.” A smile tugged at the corners of Trent’s mouth when he turned back to Josh and said, “You never said she was cute.”

“Trent. Stop it.” Josh stated very firmly. Now you could say I became ever so slightly confused. Are they friends, or enemies?

“Stop what?” Trent joked.

“Trent, I mean it. Leave her alone.”

“Oh fine, you take the fun out of everything, ya know that?”

I was really starting to get tired of everyone talking about me like I wasn’t there. I cleared my throat in hope that they would notice me, and surprisingly, it worked. Both boys spun around to face me, both looking down at me also. Uh-oh, I didn’t think of what to say...         “So, why don’t we go finish dinner?” I suggested, not having any time to think of a better response.

_________________

(Josh’s POV)

    There was an awkward silence as dinner passed by, no one had said much since Cassandra found out about Emily. I couldn’t blame her for being upset, but it wasn’t the greatest timing for everything. Tomorrow is the ceremony, and I can’t help but think about it no matter how much I try not to.

    “You’re not, um, still uh, still mad at me are you?”

    “No Em, I’m not mad at you, I never was. I was just shocked, that’s all,” Cassandra quickly replied to Emily. She wasn’t taking this news well and I started to feel bad. Why didn’t I tell her who was coming? I couldn’t remember my reason, though I hoped it had been a good one.

    There were three quick knocks on the door so I took them as my excuse to leave. The silence was killing me and I didn’t want to stick around to see what happened next. I swiftly got out of my seat before I walking around the table to grab Cassandra.

“Come on, let’s go greet our new guest,” I said as I pulled her out of her seat. It was obvious she wasn’t as used to the idea of running her own pack, so I was trying to make it seem as normal as possible. Up until a couple years ago she thought she was a human; I had been living as a wolf my whole life. Then again, up until a couple years ago she hadn’t known about our world. She hadn’t known about anything paranormal. Her life had been normal, that is, except for her family not telling her about our secret. We are wolves, we always have been, and we always will be.

I reached the door, Cassandra in line behind me, “Ready?” I asked her. She just nodded in response, apparently I hadn’t realized I had been running to the door. As I opened it I saw Cassandra relax next to me out of the corner of my eye.

Then I noticed him. Of course it had to be him. Trent stood there, looking around at first, but then looking at Cassandra. Or at least that’s what it looked like. I started to stare at him to see if he could understand a hint. She was mine. I had to stop this, “Cassie, meet Trent.”

Cassandra froze in place, and after what seemed like hours (even though it was probably seconds), Trent spoke up. “Nice to meet you... Cassie.”

She seemed surprised when she responded, “Oh, ya, of course, you too.”

Trent then turned to me and said, “You never said she was cute.”

Really, why does he have to do this? I asked myself. He had no reason to play with her. He was being welcomed into our pack, and he could very easily be removed.

“Trent. Stop it,” I said, hoping to stop him, but betting that I wouldn’t.

“Stop what?” Trent replied, half laughing at the same time. Now he was really getting on my nerves. If he was going to keep this up we were going to have a serious problem, “Trent, I mean it. Leave her alone.”

“Oh fine, you take the fun out of everything, ya know that?” He told me, still half laughing to what seemed like a joke only he knew.

I decided to stare him down again, only this time he received and sent back my look. Cassandra shifted nervously next to me and cleared her throat. Trent and I both stopped glaring to look at her.

    “So, why don’t we go finish dinner?” She suggested. You have to admire her bravery, I thought, interrupting two wolves during what could become a challenge... Did she even notice our looks? She couldn’t have been that nervous. Could she?

 ************************************************************************************************

I know, it's short, but I wanted to end it here and it took me forever to write Josh's POV. I'll try to post another chapter by the 24! (in a week lol)

So, yeah, you know the drill.... VOMMENT!!!

P.S. If you didn't notice, this story has reached almost 600 reads! I want to thank all of you! You guys rock!

P.P.S. I have been trying to think of a song that reflects the story, or a single character, or anything you get from this haha. Any ideas?

          - Luv, Cass