Chapter 4~

“Em?” I wondered out loud, my voice shaking.

                “Well, duh,” Emily replied, “who else would I be?”

                “Oh… It’s just… I was expecting…” I tried to figure out how to say “pack member” without letting her know there was a “pack.” Werewolves were still in the closet, along with all other paranormal creatures. I finally started again with, “What are you doing here?”

                “Gee, I’m happy to see you too, friend I haven’t seen in a month,” Emily snapped back sarcastically.

                “Sorry,” I said, feeling guilty, “but really, what are you doing here?”

                “God, Josh invited me okay?”

                “J-J-Josh invited y-you?”

                “Y-Y-Yes,” she said, mocking my surprise.

                After a minute of trying to figure out what was going on I said, “Just wait here a minute okay? I’ll be right back,” I spun around and flew up the stairs not stopping until I had reached the edge of the bed. Josh was still asleep, looking peaceful, but not too peaceful to wake up. I leaned over and whispered, “Josh. Josh. Josh,” the last time was louder and more forceful.

                “What? Oh, hey Cassie, what’s up?”

                “What’s up? I’ll tell you ‘what’s up,’ my best friend just walked in the door saying she’s here for my wedding! That’s what’s up!”

                “Right, that, well, surprise!” he tried to look happy while still waking up. Josh stood up, and then hugged me. I tried not to hug him back, to show how unhappy I was, but he was just so tempting. I melted into him arms, giving up my anger. It seemed like everything was going to be okay, we could make this work without telling Emily about the wolves, that’s what I was thinking when she walked in.

__________

                “Awwwwww, look at the lovebirds!”

                I blushed and broke away from Josh, who was giving Emily a disappointed look. She was laughing and managed to say inbetween bursts, “No-ignore-me. You-have-fun!” Then she started laughing hysterically again.

                “Emily, shut up,” I said very bluntly, hoping she would get the point.

                “Oh, bite me.”

                “Um, it wouldn’t end well if I did,” this was true because like most legends and myths say, if you get bitten by a werewolf, you become a werewolf. After saying this I expected a look from Josh, the kind that tells you to stop talking, but instead he was looking at Emily, an amused look in his eyes.

                “I wouldn’t tempt her if I were you,” he said, and I’m pretty sure my mouth was hanging open after he said it.

                “Oh I know, but I felt like causing trouble. She still hasn’t realized, you know.”

                “Yes, I know. She will eventually, with you staying here and all.”

                “Would you please stop talking about me like I’m not here?” I finally interrupted.

                “Not until you figure it out,” Emily had finally turned her regular shade after laughing so long, “until then, we shall talk about you like you’re not here. That’s including at the ceremony.”

                “How do you know about the ceremony!” Then it finally hit me. Emily wasn’t… human. She was a werewolf, like us. “Oh my, oh my god,” I covered my hand with my mouth and continued to think.

                “Atta girl,” Emily joked, while talking to Josh, “I always knew some things took a bit for her, but really?”

                Josh told her to be quiet and leave; once she did he tried to calm me down.

                “Why didn’t… Why didn’t she tell me?” I asked quietly. I felt betrayed, but at the same time, I secretly felt happy. I wouldn’t have to lie anymore, I could tell Emily everything, just like before my life got turned upside down. Before we found out what I was.

________________

Later that night, after I had calmed down, we were eating dinner in the dining room. Truthfully, I wouldn’t call it a dining room considering it was the size of a school cafeteria, but when a whole pack is eating, the extra room is helpful.

Emily cleared her throat next to me, “You’re not, um, still uh, still mad at me are you?”

    “No Em, I’m not mad at you, I never was. I was just shocked, that’s all,” I calmly replied, managing not to start crying again. If anything I feel sorry for you, I thought. I didn’t want to say it out loud of course, but it was the truth. Even if I had the whole “shifter” lifestyle down, that didn’t mean I thought it worked for other people. Yes, finding out my best friend was also a wolf did shock me, and yes, for a second I thought it was a good thing. Now, I realize it may be a good thing, but the only reason I got through this was Josh. I know he’ll always be here for me. Always. I will be there for Emily, but at the same time, I have to wonder what’s going to happen after-

    A knock coming from the front door pulled me out of my thoughts and I jumped out of my seat in surprise. Emily started laughing at me, clearly over the whole situation of me being mad. Josh walked around the table and grabbed my arm, pulling me from my seat, “Come on, let’s go greet our new guest,” he exaggerated, knowing I was still getting used to the fact that they were our pack members. Our pack.

    When we reached the door, I was almost panting from trying to keep up with him (no dog pun intended). “Ready?” he asked me. I nodded in response, still trying to catch my breath. We had basically just ran the whole length of the gigantic house to reach the door, and the only reason we could hear the knocking was because of our heightened senses. Josh opened the door, and in front of me stood someone I had never seen before. Relief washed over me like a wave, but then nerves took its place.

********************************************************************************************************

It's still short -.- I'm very annoyed with myself right now lol and sorry again if there are any mistakes

Well, thanks for reading, I'm thinking about making this a weekly update story... tell me what you think...

Vomment! :D

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I added to this instead of making a new super short chapter... SORRY!!!!!!! I had so much stuff going on the last weeks or so, play, exams, projects. Super sorry! and writer's block.................