Chapter 1~

“Here you go, Alpha,” Rich said, opening the door for me.

“T-Thanks,” I stuttered, blushing slightly. No one had referred to me as Alpha before, but as of tomorrow, I guess that’s what I'll be. 

I stepped into the foyer of the pack house, and even though I’d been here numerous times before, my breath was taken away yet again. Two large staircases came from either side, spiraling up to the second floor. A large, crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling and sparkles reflected off the ground. My whole body responded to the view; I was home. My muscles relaxed, knowing I was in the same house as him.

“Oh, Josh,” I called out tauntingly, but there was no response. It was odd for him to ignore me, and there was no possiblity of him having not heard me.

“Josh?” I called again, and the fourth time my voice cracked half-way through. I did not enjoy being near him without knowing where he was. It wasn't obsession, but a irrational fear. Separation anxiety comes with being mated, but only for the female. It doesn’t bother me if were miles apart, but if I get within 100 feet  Josh says it’ll go away after being mated for a full year, yet we’re not even mated and it happens now.

Still alone in the silence I started up the left stairway, towards the Alphas' room. I had climbed three stairs when arms wrapped around me from behind.

“Better now?” Josh whispered in my ear. Oh god, his voice. Shivers went through my body and no reply came from my mouth. My body  heated up a thousand degrees and he was entertaining himself by kissing my neck. I leaded down to drop my bags, his body moving with mine. When I came back up I brought my hands behind my head, wrapping them around his neck. I opened my mouth to speak and at the same moment his best friend came walking down the hallway.

“What the hell?!” Matt yelled when he saw us.

“Matt, bring her bags up to our room,” Josh replied calmly. This was his only response to Matt’s question.

“I said what the hell! Let go of her!”

“Matt!” I shouted and blushed, embarrassed by his protectiveness.

“No, its fine,” Josh said, still using his calmest voice, “Come on, now let go.”

As much as I wanted to sit there forever in his arms, I slowly untangled myself from Josh and sent Matt a piercing look. My stare didn’t last long because of the guilt I felt. Matt was trying his best, under the circumstances. He was not only Josh’s best friend but my older brother, and an annoying one at that.

Josh picked up my bags and started carrying them up to our room. I followed and when I passed Matt I growled. Growling wasn’t hard, but I usually try not to. It’s considered rude, and a hard habit to break.