Chapter 3~

When I came back inside Josh was still asleep on the bed and everything was quiet. I decided to look around a bit more because even though I’d been here before I’d never seen the whole house. The pack rooms were on the right side of the house, but I’d never gone over there. The halls were lined with pictures and mirrors, “Who are the pictures of?” I wondered. One of them was a picture of about 100 people all crowded together, maybe an old pack?

“That was Josh’s grandparent’s pack.”

I spun around to see Matt looking at me, a forgiving look in his eyes, “Cassie, about earlier-“

“Matt, I don’t want to hear it. Josh will be my mate tomorrow and you’re going to deal with it!”

Matt took a step closer to me and put his hands on my shoulders, “Cassie, you think I don’t know that? I have to live with the fact that my little sister is being mated off tomorrow and she’s going to be my alpha!”

I could tell he was going to keep ranting so I cut him off, “What do you have against Josh? I thought you were friends!”

“Oh,” He said realizing why I was upset, “Cassie, no. This has nothing to do with Josh.”

“Then why can’t you let us be together?”

“Cassie, I just don’t want you to get hurt,” Matt said very quietly, trying to make sure I didn’t cry. He took another step forward and embraced me, and I was slightly relieved that he felt that way, but was still annoyed too.

“I guess after tomorrow I can’t stop you guys from…” Matt was trying to find the right word for what happened earlier, “hugging in the halls, or anywhere for that matter, even if I wanted to. After tomorrow you will belong to each other. I can’t do anything about that.”

I was still hold back laughter from how he said “hugging,” but I had never thought about the ceremony as me and Josh belonging to each other.

“Thanks, Matt. Even if you are an annoying, overprotective, jerk, I love you.”

“Love you too, little sis.”

I heard a knock on the door and looked at Matt, “First pack members?”  He suggested.

I shrugged and he motioned for me to get the door. I was going to ask why I had to, but then again, I am the alpha. Matt walked me over to the stairs then left to go get a room ready for our new roomie. I walked slowly down the stairs, becoming more and more nervous with each step. Josh hadn’t told me who was in our pack; he only said I knew most of them.

I reached the bottom of the stairs and opened the door; I put on my best smile and came face to face with Emily.

“Told you I was coming to your wedding,” she said, while giving me a grin that would make the Cheshire cat proud.

******************************************************************************************

Heehee! Emily........... I had fun writing this one, and wanted to end it with a little twist. Did ya like it? I know it's short, sorry. I have to work on writing longer "chapters."

Vomment! Thanks!