[ ✯ TWENTY-ONE ✯ ]

Every zeptosecond screamed at Kazutora as the trio walked to meet up with Hanma Shuji. His skin was tingling with excitement at the mere thought of seeing him again, breathing at a slightly elevated pace yet hardly noticeable to his two companions, Kakucho and Mathew, who were listening in on the brief while also vague explanation that Y/N provided them; well, mainly for Mathew's ears, but seeing as Kakucho was traveling with them, his ears were readily open to hear the short spew of words that left Kazutora's lips.

Y/N didn't want to explain in much detail, not particularly ready to share such sensitive information with anyone yet. They did, however, say that there were some issues with his mom and, for the time being, he needed to live away from her. Kakucho had given Kazutora a look when he had said this, as Y/N left out the fact that he was now staying in an orphanage, but nevertheless did not comment on it. Mathew, despite feeling overly curious about what really happened, chose to respect his older brother figure's boundaries by not pestering him any further about it. Personal issues with his mom led up to Kazutora needing to temporarily stay with someone else. That is all that Mathew was told.

As they continued to walk, exchanging small talk, Kazutora's eyes darted around the streets out of anticipation. The anticipation to see his friend, because if Y/N was truly being honest with themself for once, it was Hanma Shuji that they had missed the most. Even with their strong bond with Mathew and Seishu, and even Kokonoi despite what he did, it was always Shuji that popped into mind first. It was Shuji that Y/N was feeling so drawn to, so desperate to be in the presence of. Even with their own persisting paranoias, it was simply fear that blocked Y/N from truly opening up to him. Fear because of Y/N's knowledge of the manga, yet they now struggled to deny the fact that Shuji really was trying to put effort into their relationship. So why wouldn't Y/N do the same? It was a risk that Y/N wanted to take, even if they knew that they would feel absolutely crushed if their platonic feelings were not reciprocated at a genuine level.

And then he gasped, sucking in a breath of air at the sight of the taller man, who sat on a bench somewhere in the middle of a park. A park that Y/N has never seen before, but with the way that the trees loomed over the group, it made the sight of Shuji all the more marvelous. He was staring down at his phone, not really paying any mind to the people around him, having not yet realized that the trio had even arrived in the first place. But before anyone could say anything, Kazutora dashed toward the male, attacking him with a tight grip as he pulled Shuji into a loving embrace. Shuji stumbled back, his phone knocked out of his hand and falling onto his lap, eyes widening at the feeling of a singularly available arm wrapped around him. Kazutora practically straddled him, pulling him closer before Shuji could even realize who it was. But when he did, Shuji couldn't help but grin, returning the hug with both of his arms and breathing in the boy's scent.

"I'm so sorry," Kazutora let out, "I didn't mean to leave you like that. It was all just—" he hiccuped, tears dripping from his tightly shut eyes, "I was so scared, Shuji. My mom, my mom she—"

Shuji's grin fell, furrowing his brows upon hearing the desperate pleas that escaped Kazutora's lips. "Slow down. Explain everything one step at a time." He said, rubbing circles on Kazutora's back in a soothing motion.

He then shot Mathew and Kakucho a glare that stated "leave or else," the two awkwardly choosing to head somewhere else for now in order to give the two some space. Shuji didn't even know who Kakucho was, but seeing as he was standing so close to Mathew, he could only presume that the buzz-cut boy was tagging along with them. He then redirected his focus to the one sitting on his lap, his legs now wrapped around his waist as Kazutora pulled him closer. It was a sort of embrace that Shuji had never received before from anyone else, so he wasn't entirely sure what to do with himself, but what he did know was that he needed to have a heart-to-heart conversation with him right now.