[ ✯ FIVE ✯ ]

The three boys stood outside of the hospital's doorway, the rain crashing hard onto the ground. The driveway had a patio cover, keeping them safe from the rain until they decide to step out.

"So," Kokonoi said while looking around, "we only have one umbrella, and there's three of us."

Y/N thought for a moment, coming to a solution of their own, "I don't mind going without. You two have already helped me enough."

Seishu gave Kazutora a look, observing his expression, "Is it really okay with you?"

"He said it's fine, so it's fine, right?" Kokonoi replied for him, opening up the umbrella and casting it over the blonde's head, "Hanemiya-san probably has to get home, anyway."

"Kazutora is fine," Y/N corrected, continuing the 'avoiding his last name' habit that Y/N only briefly knew about, "and he's right, I need to get home.." He didn't want to mention his mother.

But, now that Y/N thought about it, how were they supposed to get home in the first place? They didn't know their way back.

Seishu sighed, "If you say so."

Kazutora smiled, yes, if he said so! It's not like Y/N has any idea where they're going and will more than likely end up lost on their way home. But those totally small, insignificant details can be figured out later, right? Right. It would be really odd if he were to randomly ask for directions to his own home of all places.

"How are we going to keep in contact with each other?" Kazutora then asked, "I don't have a phone."

"Why don't you?" Kokonoi questioned.

"It's complicated," Kazutora laughed awkwardly, "but I'm pretty sure I should be getting one soon, eventually."

Kokonoi rolled his eyes in response, "Again with the complications."

"For now, we can probably figure out a place to meet up, alright? How does the park near [insert street name] work for you?" Seishu said, attempting to fight their temporary inability to be in direct contact with each other.

"Sounds good to me!" Hanemiya chirped, "what about this saturday? Does 3pm work?"

Seishu looked at Kokonoi, "Coco, do we have anything scheduled for that date?"

"No, we don't," the black-haired boy replied quickly, having memorized the two's entire set schedules. What? They do a lot together,

"Then it's settled." Seishu finalized.

Y/N felt a tingly sense of giddy excitement, looking forward to seeing them again in a couple of days. They've made three new friends, all canon characters, in less than a week! All three of them are characters that Y/N couldn't necessarily complain about meeting. Even so, Y/N's current joy would never truly be able to cancel out their pessimism for the future.

"Cool!" Kazutora's smile widened upon hearing their confirmations.

"Don't get too excited," Kokonoi added, his tone making it obvious that he was judging the boy's raw excitement.

"Ahaha... I can't help it."

After Kazutora parted ways from Seishu and Kokonoi, he then began to review what happened thus far. Immediately, Y/N can conclude that the people he has currently met are not a raw coincidence. First time is a chance, two times is a coincidence, and three times is absolute. Well, maybe Y/N could suppose that this is a coincidence since the interactions are only two confrontations and not three-- despite there being three people that he has met-- but Y/N can infer (considering what kind of world this is and how they know about it) that this is nowhere near being a simple coincidence.