Chapter 6: Austin

Austin still felt remorse towards himself after ditching Jennifer to Bridget. But boy, did that Bridget do something to Austin that he never wanted to feel. He always felt bad about himself around her, especially since that cafeteria problem from a few weeks back when. Yet, a positive thought was that of Jennifer - how fierce that girl was. It made Austin shiver, those piercing, daring blue eyes; bright, just like her - whether she'll admit it or not.

With his guilty conscious still on Jennifer, he'd never be able to concentrate on the book in front of him. Every individual student that had Mrs. Hollands was reading "Wuthering Heights", and he was only on page 100. Eyes scanning the page, but he found no sense to the words printed. There was no way he was going to sit and read intently, with Jennifer's blue eyes and that brilliantly white smile lasting in his thoughts. But his thoughts didn't last long - the phone went off with a high shrill, but was quickly picked up in less than 5 seconds.

Oh God, this crush of his was going to be a giant burden to him.

Then, his mom called him into the kitchen, and he had been sitting on the couch in the living room. Austin peeked around the corner, and his mom was creating a racket while she cleaned the dishes thoroughly, and shoved them into the cupboard above her head. Austin's family couldn't afford a dishwasher, not with his braces and school.

"Yes, mom?" Austin gently asked, feeling that his mom was fragile at this moment. She turned to him and Austin looked at his mom, with her green eyes identical to his, all puffy and red, and her tangled, short blonde hair. Her cheeks were tear stained, and she was sucking in her lips - her source for keeping tears from flowing down her cheeks.

"You're dad's gone," She whispered, her voice raspy with sodden tears, wringing out the dish towel in her hands, and her skin turned white with the tight grip on the soft material. "Your dad - he's leaving us. Apparently," With bitterness thick in her voice, she couldn't keep up with a strong voice, taking deep, sobbing breaths.  "He found a new job, but I don't want to leave everything here; yet, he did, and he also -" Another deep, stuttering breath. "As terrible as it seems - he also had another girlfriend behind my back. He's leaving for Prescott, Arizona tomorrow, with her." Austin's mom then crashed to her knees, and bawled devastatingly - covering her face with the dirty, white dishtowel. Austin did the math in his head, and found that his dad would be over 2,000 miles away from him.

Suddenly it was hard for Austin to breathe, and it felt like the walls were crashing on him. Why should he do this? What had Austin and his mom done to him? Questions bounced around in his head, mumbled and jumbled together.

----------------------------------------------------------

Had to go to a high school freshman orientation for my local high school Tuesday, and had to Thursday for another school. Friday I also was touring one of the high schools too, so i was busy, busy, busy. Yeah.... this chapter is really short !! I didn't have the time to keep up with a longer chapter. Also - I don't what to do with Austin! The poor guy.... I feel like he should get some good news next time. He just leads a terrible life... AND! pictures! I cant forget those... but i cant find any! ill let you know when i'll get some! Mkayy... you know what to do. Voteee !(;