7.

Landon
To know that Kimberly lied to Aaliyah and told her that I was happy that big mama died makes me sick to my stomach. I considered big mama as my second granny and she loved me just as much as I loved her I hated that I didn't get to say goodbye to her and that I wasn't there for Aaliyah when she needed me.

"Liyah."

"Hmm."

"Why you didn't tell me what Kimberly had said about big mama?"

"Because I knew that it wasn't true but back then my mind couldn't process anything because I was so numb and depressed I know you loved big mama hell she loved you too and let her tell it you was her favorite even though we both know that it was me."

"Yeah I hate that I didn't tell her goodbye."

"I know baby."

"I wanna go get her some flowers and take them to her grave."

I felt Aaliyah tense up.

"What's wrong?"

"I haven't been to her grave since she passed."

"Why?"

"Fear that Ima have a relapse and go back into depression."

"Ima make sure that you don't I'm here now and I'm not going nowhere."

Aaliyah took a deep breath.

"Okay let me go put on my shoes."

"Alright."

Aaliyah stood up to go put on her shoes I stood up and stretched. She walked out and we walked out of the house going downstairs to my car we got in and I drove off.

"You might as well move in with me you be at my house all the time."

"Your place is too small for me."

"Too small for you or your wardrobe?"

Aaliyah laughed.

"Alright you got me there it's too small for my wardrobe plus we can't move in yet until you meet Jamal and officially meet Harmony as well as Kira."

"Who's Kira?"

"Jamal's fiancé."

"Oh okay."

"How you feel about that?"

"About what Jamal getting married?"

"Yeah."

"I'm happy that he found true love and his soulmate Kira is a great person and she's good with Harmony and they love each other. I had to coach him through his nervousness before he proposed because he was freaking out."

I looked at Aaliyah.

"We're friends and coparents yes we love each other but as family that's it I'm not in love with him and he's not in love with me."

"Okay."

"You're getting out with me," I asked as I pulled up to the flower shop.

"No you go ahead."

"Alright."

I got out and walked inside I looked around for big mama favorite flowers once I found them I checked out and got back into my car hearing Aaliyah playing old school music.

"Thought you would've played Nicki Minaj or something."

"Nah as much as I love Nicki I want to hear old school."

I nodded I passed her the flowers then I turned the radio up and we sung along with Tevin Campbell. Aaliyah then put in the cemetery in my gps and I followed the directions there.

After we arrived I parked and looked at Aaliyah.

"You ready?"

"Yeah."

I got out and opened her door for her then we held hands as we walked to her grave.

I looked at the tombstone that read: Eloise Rose. January 26, 1932— April 4, 2021. Mother, wife, grandmother, and friend.

Aaliyah sat the flowers on the grave.

"Hey big mama I know it's been a year since you passed and I know that I haven't been here since you've died-," Aaliyah paused and took a breath.

I rubbed her back waiting for her to continue but she didn't she broke down and walked away.

"Hey big mama it's me Landon I'm sorry that I didn't make the funeral I didn't even know you've passed if I would've known. I would've dropped everything and been right here by Liyah side but I wasn't there and because I wasn't there she suffered and I promise to not let her slip back into depression. I got both her and Harmony big mama I promise. Plus Ima finally do right and marry Liyah just like you wanted me to do because Liyah is a wife not a long time girlfriend. I love and miss you big mama until we meet again."

I kissed my two fingers and placed it on her grave Aaliyah came back.

Aaliyah
I needed a moment to gather myself I walked back to big mama grave and wiped my face.

"I'm sorry that I haven't been here in over a year but your death took a toll on me big mama and I was so afraid that I was going to go back into depression and end it all. Harmony has gotten so big and I know that you two still would've been thick as thieves. I miss you so much big mama. I love and miss you so much until we meet again my favorite lady."

I took my two fingers and kissed them and then placed them on her tombstone. I closed my eyes and felt a cool breeze pass over us.

"You ready?"

"Yeah."

"We'll be back big mama I promise," Landon spoke.

We walked back to his car and we got in.

"Did you and big mama ever talk about me?"

"You're all she wanted to talk about when I told her that you had a girlfriend she wanted me to go and whoop her ass and get you back."

Landon laugh.

"That's definitely something big mama would say."

"Mhmm."

"One thing she told me that stuck with me was that if we're really meant to be we'll find our way back to each other."

"And that we did."

Landon started up his car and drove off.

"You hungry?"

"I can eat."

"Chick-Fil-A," he asked.

"You already know the answer to that."

Landon nodded and continued to drive I sent a text to my mama letting her know that I finally went to big mama grave and that I'll be calling her when she get off work and tell her how it went.