Pain He Caused

I was in the kitchen making a welcome home cake for my best friend Danny. He was the soon to be Alpha of our pack. The Cedar Creek Pack. I hadn't seen him in five years. His dad Alpha Tom had sent him away to some sort of alpha training school. I don't really know all about it. What I do know is that I missed my friend.

Danny is 23 year old. Five years than my recently turned 18 year old self. The big day was last month. When we turn 18 we're able to find our mates. That is if they happen to be in the same pack or area we're in. I wasn't so bummed that I hadn't found my mate because Danny hadn't found his when he turned 18 either.

Which just means I get more time with my best friend since he doesn't have a mate that would be jealous of him being friends with an unmated she wolf. I was sad he couldn't make it home in time for my party. We talked on the phone constantly while he was away. Still I was happy I could finally see him face to face.

Just as I was putting the finishing touches on the cake the most delicious smell hit my nose. it was a mix between pine needles, chocolate, and sandalwood. at that same time I felt my wolf coming to the surface. I followed the smell outside and stopped when I saw it was Danny with his arms wrapped around one of the pack's sluts giving her one hell of a kiss. Before I could stop myself the most ferocious growls ripped through my chest.

They broke apart her looking at me smirking and him refusing to look at me. "What the hell Winter why are you snarling like some animal" Ashley said rubbing her hands up and down Danny's chest. Of course the ditzy girl would say something as dumb as that. We are werewolves we are animals but no need to explain that to her. "Danny look at me NOW." I demanded which is highly disrespectful seeing as how he has alpha blood running through his veins and doesn't tolerate being told what to do. His head snapped towards me and our eyes locked. Everything and everyone around us disappeared. My wolf howled with joy screaming mate inside of me. A slow smile making its way to my face. My bestfriend was my mate how great was that our relationship will only get better I thought.

"Ummm hello I asked you a question". Ashley's voice was like a cold bucket of water waking me us up out of the spell we were under.

Shaking my head to regain my focus. Slowly the wheels in my head started to turn and I think about how my wolf always had a connection to Danny's but assumed it was because of us being friends. Then I thought about how he would sleep with all the unmated she-wolves in our pack and neighboring packs. The rage I felt was instantaneous, my whole body began to shake and I knew that at any moment I would be shifting into my wolf and ripping Ashley's throat out for touching my mate. As if sensing my thoughts Danny wrapped his arms around my shaking form. "Go into the pack house Ashley" he said while whispering sweet things in my ear to calm me down. "What? No I'm not going anywhere if anything that bitch is. We have to make up for lost time together" she replied pushing her breast up in a failed attempt to look sexy. "Go now and do not come out do you understand me? Danny yelled putting his alpha voice into the command. You could see that she was trying hard to fight the command but her body complied and she submitted. "yes alpha" she said walking away.

"Calm down baby let me explain please, you have to calm down" he said still holding onto me. I took a deep breath to calm myself down but when I did I smelt that slut on him along with a few other females. "Let go of me, you wreak of whore mate" I sneered pushing off of him and walking towards the woods. Once I got to the edge of the woods I shifted into my wolf. I glanced down at my fur and noticed it was blazing red. Ever since I was little my fur could change color with my mood. Only a few people knew this fact my parents, siblings, Danny's parents and Danny. I didn't want to be considered a freak so I only shifted when I was happy leaving me with white fur when I was around other people.

Letting my wolf take over and using my beta blood I ran going deeper and deeper into the woods. Ending up at my secret spot not even Danny knew about. Masking my scent along the way so he nor anyone else could find me. Shifting back I pulled on my clothes I had stored here. Staring out into the waterfall I cried. Curling up into a ball I sobbed my heart breaking at the thought of my mate giving away what was meant for only me. I let my parents know I was ok but needed to be alone for awhile through the mindlink and blocked out everyone. I stayed there crying my heart out until it was night with the moon shining bright. "What have I done to deserve this pain Moon Goddess?" I said out loud. I cried until I had no more tears left.