Wide Awake

I wake up laying in a field full of beautiful flowers. I have on a cute white dress and no shoes. Looking around I see no one but I sense some one is near. "Hello is anyone there" I call out and get no response. Might as well walk around and see what I find hopefully I can go home. The sun is shining bright birds are chirping I feel like I'm in a Disney movie. Out in the distance I see a figure I can't tell who or what it is. I see the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on. She had long silver hair smooth pale skin, bright violet eyes and big pouty lips. She was at least 6'2 and a slim but curvy body. "Hello Winter its about time we meet face to face" she says smiling. Her voice sounds oddly familiar but I can't place it. "Not to be rude or anything but who are you?" I ask confused that she knew who I was. "I'm sorry my name is Caroline" she says. I was shocked I'm pretty positive my mouth was wide open and my eyes were bulging out of my head. "What do you... I don't under...how is this possible" I say more to myself than her. "Come sit down we have plenty of things to discuss" she tells me leading me to a bench. I'm still in shock as we sit down.

"Where am I" is the first question I ask. "In a field of flowers" she answers. "Am I dead, I must be dead if I'm seeing and talking to you right. Damn there was so much more I wanted to do. I've never been to Disneyworld or have sex. I died a virgin well isn't that just peachy. What about my family my friends. What about Danny? Noooo!! I didn't get to have his pups I don't get to hold him tell him how much he means to me. I didn't even get to say goodbye" by this time I'm sobbing uncontrollably. All I could think about was the time wasted being upset with him. Those months we could have had together now I only have memories left. My heart is breaking at the thought of never seeing Danny again never holding or kissing him ever again.

"Are you done or shall I wait until your done to answer your question?" she asks smiling. What in the hell is she smiling about I'm dead does she think this is funny. I out to scratch her eyes out right now. "What could you possibly have to say that would interest me right now" I reply rather rudely. "First lose the attitude, second your not dead" I go to interrupt her but she holds a hand up stopping me. "Now as I was saying; your not completely dead. When you were shot and stabbed silver, vampire venom, and wolfsbane got into your blood. Your body is slowly shutting down one organ at a time" she finishes. I want to cry that is no way for anyone to die. "Right now you have a choice to either go back and experience pain unimaginable or you can stay here" Caroline tells me. This is not a hard decision to make at all. Of course I'm going back I do not care how bad it hurts. "I take it you've made your choice and from the look on your face you want to go back. I figured as much but before you go know that someone is planning your downfall. I'm not privy to who it is, when it will happen. Or why but know you need to be ready. The moon goddess informed me that it will be my greatest obstacle so far" she says.

Before I could ask any questions my body feels like its on fire. I open my mouth to scream but I can't move my lips so no sound comes out. I feel a something down my throat. Deciding its time to open my eyes I put all my energy into lifting my eyelids to no avail. I want so badly to talk to tell someone I'm in pain but I can't. Something warm is touching my hand and from the slight sparks I know that its Danny. What I wouldn't give to see his handsome face. I can heard my mother ask if anything has changed to I am going to assume is the doctor from the answer spoken from the unknown voice. A couple of seconds pass and he says no. No my ass, I'm back I can hear everything you guys are saying. Stupid doctor not knowing anything. "Come on Danny it's been 3 weeks don't you think its time get out of here for just a little while. You need some fresh air" Alpha Tom tells him. Three weeks I could not have been out that long right? "I can't do that I'm not leaving her. I've failed her dad I'm the one who is supposed to be in that bed not her" Danny broken voice says.

Enough of this weird state I'm in I am going to hold his hand. Deep breaths 1, 2, 3 go! ! 'Nice try Winter it's not gonna be that easy' Caroline chuckles. 'Glad to know I'm entertaining you. I could use your help you know' I say back to her. 'This is all on you Winter I told you, you would have to fight to come back' she replies. I roll my eyes or at least I think I do its not like I can see myself. Back to the problem at hand moving Focusing on one finger at a time I start to feel myself gaining a little more control. I twitch a little and graze Danny's hand. "Dad her hand moved" Danny says. "Son its been doing that for awhile. I'm going to go think about getting out of here for a few hours at least" Tom says and I hear the door open then close. "I know you're there come back to me Pooh" Danny whispers then gives me a kiss. His kiss gives me a much needed energy boost. I move my fingers again this time gripping one of his fingers.

***********************Danny's POV****************

I don't know why my dad and everyone else want me to leave Winter's side. I physically can not do it. Just taking a shower causes me pain and the bathroom is in her room. When I felt her hand move my heart leaped with joy. But daddy kill joy had to point out that it wasn't the first time that's happened. Something about this was different or maybe I was hoping it was different. I can not handle seeing Winter this way. She gripped my pinky this time. I was torn between going to get a doctor or seeing what else would happen. I looked at her face and saw her eyes moving rapidly under her eyelids. "Open your eyes baby let me see those beautiful grey blue eyes" I said encouragingly. The more I talked the more her eyes moved until they fluttered open then shut in an instant. "Damn the light is too bright give me a second and it'll be off" I say while running over to turn the lights off. I rush back to my seat next to her and see her looking directly in my eyes. My wolf howls with so much happiness insidr of me. I have the biggest smile on my face. I saw her trying to move her mouth to talk but I stopped her. "You have a tube down your throat so you can't speak. Would you like me go and get someone to take it out?" I ask. She slowly shakes her head no. Well that was unexpected so I ask "do you want me to stay with you and mind link a doctor instead?" she nod yes so that's exactly what I do.

Within 30 minutes a doctor is in the room looking at me with pity. If I wasn't so happy about Winter being awake I'd punch him for looking at me like that. "You'd might want to wipe that look off of your face and take a look at Winter" I tell him angrily. He does and he has a look of shock on his face. I glance over at Winter and I see she has laughter in her eyes. He reaches over to turn the light on in s flash I have him pinned against the wall. "Turn that on and I'll rip your arm off and beat you with it" I growl. I put him down and he goes over to Winter checking her out. "I'm going to need you to take a deep breath while I take this out ok" the doctor tells her. He pulls out the long tube and Winter takes a deep breath. "Water please" Winter whispers in a scratchy voice. I grab the cup on the side table place a stray in it and put it up to her mouth letting her drink. "We'll need to run some test now that you are up to see how your progress" the doctor says then leaves.

"Do you want me to call your parents and let them know your up now?" I ask rubbing her hand. "No come lay in yhe bed with me I just want to be with you" Winter says scooting over a in her bed. "Are you sure I don't want to hurt you?" I ask worried I'd hurt her. "Danny shut up and hold me" of course I do as she says kicking off my shoes climb in bed careful not to injure her. "I love you Danny" with that she peacefully goes off to sleep. Holding her in my arms listening to her breathing lulls me to sleep.

*********A/N*********

my grandfather died yesterday so I may or may not be updating anytime soon. I can't be sure writing is keeping me distracted but I thought I should let you guys know why it could take longer to update.