TWENTY-THREE

"It's barely been twenty-four hours," you grinned into the phone, rolling around in your bed as you answered Bakugo's call. "Are you missing me already?" In truth, you were missing him far more than you were letting on.

"I butt dialed you." Came his stoic reply.

You furrowed your brows and sat up, "Really? You butt dialed my entire number, Katsuki?"

"Just your contact, dumbass."

"You're saying your butt really scrolled to my contact... In fact, your butt tapped your call icon, and scrolled to my contact and seriously butt dialed it?" You rolled your eyes.

"Yes."

"Katsuki!"

"Oh shut up, I called you, so what?" He yelled back at you.

"Just admit you missed me!"

"Not like you didn't miss me too!"

You huffed and stood up from your bed, proceeding to stroll round your entire room, "I'm not denying it, Katsuki. So why do you have to?"

"I'm not denying it either, (Y/n). I did miss you. That's why I called. Something you couldn't do."

You smiled to yourself. He had wanted you to call him. "I'm sorry. I wanted to, actually. I just..."

"You can't seriously have been too shy to call me, (Y/n)." You could hear his amused laughter through the phone, "After everything we've been through? Everything we've done?"

"Shut up! It's not like that... it's not that I was shy, I just-"

"It's fine. Just, what have you been up to at home?" You could hear a ruffling of fabrics and assumed he'd just laid down.

"Well, um, I had dinner with my parents yesterday, so that's that. My mom is out with a client and dad's locked away in his office for the day."

He hummed, "When are you going back?"

"Um, this evening definitely, but I'm not sure the time. What about you?"

"I'm leaving by 6."

"Okay. You can't wait to see me, right?" You wriggled your brows despite knowing full well that he couldn't see you.

"Can't you just be direct with these things?" He laughed,  "You want to see me, (Y/n). You don't have to make it a question or whatever."

"Your ego is looking real big right now, Katsuki." You frowned.

"Whatever."

"How are things over at your side, anyways?"

"Stupid as usual. My old hag was being all annoying and shit." He paused, "She made spicy curry, so that's that, at least."

"Mmm, the great Bakugo curry," you giggled, "When will I ever get a taste?"

"It'll burn your weak tongue."

"Rude. My tongue isn't weak though, I can do that triple part thing with my tongue." You said proudly.

He chuckled, "Explains a lot."

"Hmm, you really enjoyed it, didn't you?" You grinned and sat back down on your bed.

"Let's not get into something we can't finish." You could hear him groan.

You laid on your side, "It's a simple question that requires a simple answer, Katsuki."

"I think I made it obvious back then."

You smiled, "I know."

"I really want to see you, (Y/n)."

Your chest tightened and you bit your lip, "Soon, Katsuki."

He hummed, "Yeah. See you soon."

"Yeah."

"Oi! I'm expecting a call from you by 5:30." He yelled into the phone.

"Okay, Katsuki."

"Don't forget."

"I won't."

"I'm serious."

"You really don't want to end this call, do yo-" You brought your phone to your face and stared at it in horror. "This bitch really hung up!"

Just as you were contemplating the situation, your phone buzzed with a text from Katsuki.

'I'll be waiting for your call.'

You left him on read with a smile on your face and skipped into the hallway. Your father was walking down the same place as well and bumped into your smiling face.

"What's got you so happy?" He asked.

"I just left my boyfriend on read." You absentmindedly said and continued skipping down the stairs.

It was only when you got to the kitchen and started searching the fridge for something to snack on, that you realised you'd called Bakugo your boyfriend.

You froze in place, shutting the fridge. Eyes wide and body rigid, you began dissecting your most recent conversations with the blonde. You knew he liked you to some extent, but did he like you enough to want to date you?

Did you like him enough to want to date him?

You slapped your forehead. Of course you did! You'd known for about four days now that you really liked him. But did he feel the same way? He'd told you that his feelings for you were real, but what feelings exactly?

You groaned and sat down on a stool. Why couldn't he have just been direct with you and said explicitly how he felt? Now here you are, trying to disect all your interactions to see if you could notice any difference with how he acted with you.

Well, he'd cuddled you in his room while the others were there. And he was the one who'd wanted to make your relationship known to them. He also came to make sure you knew he didn't like Uraraka. And he'd called you just before, and even told you he'd wanted to see you.

But did that mean he'd want you to be his girlfriend. You ran your finger through your hair and sighed out in frustration. Now all you could think about was Bakugo asking you to be his girlfriend. Your mind raced with images of you both together, going out on dates, taking walks, just generally dating.

You wanted to date Bakugo, you really did. But did he want to date you? You sighed and walked back up to your room. You met your father along the way again and he'd noticed your sullen expression, far different from how he'd last seen you.

"(Y/n)? What's wrong?" He put a hand on your shoulder.

"I don't know if he wants me to be his girlfriend," you groaned loudly and stomped into your room, slamming the door behind you.

Your father stood in the hallway, thoroughly confused about your change of emotions, "Is she on her period?"