𝑱𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒕 - Chapter Twelve

❂ ❂ ❂

Quick Note: Thank you guys so, so, so much for the 1k + reads and 97 votes!!! This makes me extremely happy! <3

The October breeze brushed pass your hair as you made your way down the rough, cracked sidewalk. Pumpkins and other Halloween decor littered the many houses as Halloween was about to arrive in several days.

Your Walkman was placed tightly over your slightly frozen, numbed ears as music wafted throughout your ears. Your nose felt like it was about to freeze off and you would sniffle every so often.

In two days, your school will be holding a fall/Halloween dance, which has been the huge hot topic of all this week. You were planning on wearing the dress you bought...-well Vance bought. You continued to walk, as your sneakers crunched against the colorful brown, yellow, orange and red leaves that made contact with the worn out sidewalk.

Your eyes trailed over to the huge tree that rested in the center of the lonely park, your e/c eyes landing on a small boy. He was pressed up against the huge, grey tree, his shoulders bouncing up and down at a rapid pace, making it evident he was crying.

You pulled your Walkman off and stopped walking, your eyebrows furrowing in concern. You could hear the painful sobs of the boy, as he slightly shivered in the cold wind. Frowning, you walk over to the boy, stopping in front of him.

Slowly, the boy looked up at you with pink, puffy eyes as tears streaked down his pale, tear stained cheeks. You crouched down to his level as the boy slightly flinched. You held up your hands in surrender, smiling softly at the boy.

"It's alright, I'm not going to hurt you..." You spoke, trying your best to reassure the boy. The boy didn't reply or even respond to you, as he continued to look at you in fear.

You saw the boy shiver, for he only wore a t-shirt and some shorts. You looked at him sadly before pulling your grey, fuzzy jacket of before making eye contact with him.

"It's alright, here, you can wear this, it's really cold out." You spoke, gently placing the jacket in front of the boy. The boy stared at the jacket for a while with wide eyes. After a while, he quickly took it and wrapped it around him, as his cold body began warming up in the safety of the fuzzy jacket.

You smiled brightly before standing up. "I hope this will help you warm up, I know it's not much."

The boy looked at you with eyes full of admiration. "B-but, won't you be cold?" He stuttered, slightly sneezing. You felt your heart warm up at the boy's concern before slowly shaking your head.

"It's alright, I'll be fine. You need it more than I do." You spoke, kneeling down and ruffling the young boy's hair, which he strangely seemed to like, it made him feel like he knew you personally.

You sent him one last warm smile before getting up and walking away.

"W-wait!"

You stopped and looked back to the boy with a raised eyebrow. The boy stuttered, looking down.

"What's your name? Mine's Griffin." He asked, fiddling with his cold thumbs.

You smiled at him before replying.

"Y/n."

The boy let out a small smile before looking at you in the eyes.