𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒕𝒆 - Chapter Four

❂ ❂ ❂

Quick Author's Note: WOOHOO! Thank you guys so much for the 100+ reads and 25 votes! This makes me happy knowing people are enjoying this story. Thank you all for your support! :)

***

You gently applied makeup that rested on the smooth,white surface of your sink. You just had to accepted the fact your going on a date with Robin Arellano. You honestly don't know how to feel about going on a date with someone you only knew for barely a day.

With a small click, you put the remaining makeup supplies away. You brushed out your outfit so no wrinkles were present. With one last look in the mirror, you left the bathroom. The sound of the tv sounded all around the family room. Your dad sat on the couch, laughing at the jokes the show produced.

Your dad's attention from the tv went to you. Raising an eyebrow, he stood up and walked over to you. "And where are you going?" He asked, crossing his arms. You knew you couldn't tell him about going on a date with a boy because you knew he doesn't like the idea of a boy being with his little girl. If a boy ever got close to you, immediately your dad would chase him away.

"I'm hanging out with a friend from school, her names.... er... Saige." You lied, trying to keep a straight face. Your father sighed in relief upon realizing it was a girl before smiling. "Well have fun, just be home before ten."

You sighed in relief and gave him a curt nod before heading towards the front door. You waited on the curbside. Suddenly a truck pulls up next to you. The front passenger seat opened revealing a smiling Robin. "My, my, you are quite beautiful this evening." Robin flirts, sending you a wink.

You scoff but feel heat rush to your face. Robin hops out and opens the back door. "Ladies first." He spoke, gesturing to the door. You gave him a small nod of appreciation and get into the back seat, with Robin following behind you.

"Hello! You must be Y/n!" A voice exclaimed, catching your attention. You look at the drivers seat to see a smiling young man. "Robin has told me a lot about you!"

"Uncle..." Robin mutters, looking down in embarrassment. You chuckle. So this must be Robin's uncle.

——Time Skip——

You and Robin were currently sitting on top of the truck. You were snacking on popcorn and eating your favorite candy. You and Robin were watching The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. One scene scared the living crap out of you, causing you to grab onto Robin's arm.

"Are you scared~" Robin smirked, causing you to glare at him. You gently slap his arm and pull away, feeling slightly embarrassed. "You didn't have to pull away. I was teasing you, besides I'll always protect you." Robin reassured, wrapping an arm around you. You give in and let him do so as you payed full attention to the movie. You rested your head on his shoulder, causing heat to rise up to his cheeks.

Throughout the movie, there were some scenes that caused you to look away, and cause your grip on Robin to tighten and of course he took notice of it.

Soon, the movie ends as people prepare to leave. You yawned, slightly stretching. "You ready to go?" Robin asked, to which you slowly nodded. He helped you down from the roof of the truck. He opened the door for you letting you climb into the back.

***

"Thank you for taking me, I enjoyed it." You spoke, slightly rocking back and forth. Robin smiled. "Of course, anything for my lady~" He flirted, kissing the back of your hand. You roll your eyes and pull your hand away.

"You're such a flirt."

"I'm only a flirt for you~"

"Night Robin."

You spoke, walking towards your house. "Night my lady!" Robin replied, entering the front passenger seat of the truck. You enter your house, but not before waving goodbye to the boy.

You enter the slightly cold house, to see the tv still on. You found your dad asleep on the couch, like always. You grab the remote and shut the tv on. You put a blanket on your dad's sleeping form.

You head to your room and change out of your clothes to comfortable pajamas. You quickly did your evening routine. Once you were done, you sat down onto your bed, deep in thought.

You smiled at the memory of Robin wrapping his arms protectively around you. You quickly shook your head at the though. "Get yourself together, Y/n." You mutter.

You lay down and pull your sheets over your body. You let the light of your lamp remain on as you moved around in your bed, unable to sleep due to the many thoughts racing through your head. Sighing, you sat up to shut the light off of your lamp. Darkness took over the room as you tried to get comfortable.

You were slightly weary of the darkness that surrounded you, due to you being slightly terrified after the movie. But you remembered Robin's words to you, that he'd always protect you. You felt relief flush inside you as you were finally able to close your eyes. Smiling, you fell into a dreamless sleep.

End of Act Five