𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒐𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑯𝒊𝒔 𝑩𝒂𝒕 - Chapter Five

❂ ❂ ❂

Quick Note: Sorry for not updating yesterday, I was really busy. But here ya go! Also, I apologize for this chapter being shorter.

There wasn't a single cloud in sight. The weekend was finally here, and you decided to take a walk... while studying. You were playing some of your favorite songs on your brand new Walkman while jotting down some notes for the huge upcoming test in your science class.

You were nervous for the test, and frankly have been too stressed out to relax. Your father took notice of it and bought you a Walkman to help you calm down, since according to him, it's been  scientifically proven that music helps people calm down.

Chewing on your pencil, your eyes scanned the entire page of notes. You made corrections on some things, as you slightly stuck your tongue out to think.

Due to your music being blasted loudly against your ears and you not paying attention to your surroundings, you didn't take notice of the baseball flying towards you, followed by panicked voices.

Thunk! The baseball hits you on top of your head, causing you to drop your stuff. You let out a painful groan, clutching the spot you were hit.

Your Walkman was slightly knocked off your head. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" You heard a panicked voice. A boy, around your age, stood in-front of you with an apologetic look.

"It's alright, it was an accident." You spoke, starting to pick your stuff up. The boy bent down to help collect your items. He placed the stuff in your arms. He awkwardly smiled. "I'm sorry about that again. Are you alright?"

You gave him a small smile. "I'm alright, just got hit in the head. Nothing serious." The boy slightly frowned. "Does it still hurt?"

"Just a bit." You replied, adjusting the items in your arms. The boy let out a sorrowful sigh, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm really sorry."

"I told you it alright."

"Um, to make it up to you, can I buy you ice cream?"

"Oh you really don't have to."

"I insist!"

You sighed. Ice cream does actually sound good right now. You looked at him with a small smile. "Sure, that'd be nice." The boy smiled in victory. "Alright let me grab my stuff and we'll be on our way."

***

The two of you sat on a bench, licking your ice creams. You had two scoops of (favorite flavor) ice cream on a waffle cone. The boy had chocolate ice crème.

You were deep in thought while licking the cold dessert. You still didn't know the boy's name. You looked at the boy.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get your name. I'm Y/n by the way." You spoke, holding your hand out.

The boy smiled.

"Bruce." He spoke, shaking your hand.

You both continued to eat the slightly melted ice cremes. The sun started to set as various colors such as orange, purple, and pink rang throughout the sky. Finishing the ice cream, you licked your fingers, while slightly humming.

"Thank you for the ice cream, Bruce."

"No problem Y/n. We should hang out again sometime."

You smiled. "Of course."

***

You were walking back home, as the street lights began to turn on. You were back to listening to music as you felt the breeze brush against your face. You saw something move out of the corner of your eye.

You saw a black van drive around the corner, which, for some reason, caused the hairs on the back of your neck to stand up. Something felt...off about the van. You picked up your pace, watching as the van disappear into the night.

End of Act Six