Bastards They're Everywhere Chapter 8

I eyed the material in my hands. My eyes twitched at how skimpy the dress was. I forcefully pulled it on thinking about the money. After putting on the black mini dress that had a ridiculously high hemline, I wanted to scream. This was inappropriate and disgusting, I felt like I was on exhibit and to top it off I had to play the role of some clingy girl. I eyed myself in the mirror and squirmed, it was so uncomfortable, not only did it have a high hemline it also had a low neckline and there was a large slit in my back. I slipped into my new dangerous stilettos and applied on hooker make-up. I inhaled and exhaled trying to calm my nerves trying to get into character and put on the best damn act of my life.

I came out sexy and confident, my stride was long and prideful, my head held high. All eyes turned to me and I stuck out my chest and beelined straight for Seth. I climbed into his lap my arms around his neck my face buried in his neck slowly and seductively kissing it. He groans and shudders in arousal as he sets his silverware down.

"Baby, I'm kind of in the middle of something."

"Right, dinner." I turn and pluck off something from Trish's plate and smile at her venomously as I slowly chew it savoring the rich taste. As I was about to swallow I spot a familiar face and suddenly such a simple action becomes so complex, I feel my throat dry as I try to swallow the piece of food down. The facade I had kept on was close to shattering, and it was all because of him, and those blue eyes.

Our eyes lock and I'm the first to look away. My heart clenches as I try to force back the waves of tears that would soon overcome me.

I passionately kissed Seth for the show, my fingers entangling in his hair, slightly tugging at it, earning a soft moan. I pull back away noticing that he was breathless. "I'll be waiting in your bedroom," I whispered huskily after giving him a hickey.

I got up noticing Lucifer blushing and Trish a mixture of upset and fury, and last of all, Daniel wouldn't look me in the eye, he was wounded, just like me.

Seth's POV

I smirked triumphantly as Trish excuses herself and as Lucifer goes off to comfort her.

"That was uncalled for!" My mom screeched.

"What do you mean? She's my lover," I said firmly.

"But you don't need to show off the little slut." My mom hissed, her face contorted with a disgusted look.

"Dinner is over! My appetite was long gone when I set my eyes on that little whore..." Beatrice pulled up my poor old man and dragged him out of the door... Poor guy, should've done better.

I turn my eyes away from the pitiful sight and I notice the boy with them staring at me full on, "Please treat her well..." He bows and then leaves to attend after my step mother and my father. He looked familiar... I just didn't know who it was.

Dismissing all of the drama I raised my glass of Dom Perignon and the other guests followed along pretending nothing had just happened.

But I was one step closer to canceling the engagement! I finish the food with a smile and decided to drop by Kristi's room.

"Thank you, if you need anything just ask me," I was in quite a generous mood tonight...

She smiles and nods warily, I close the door and head to my room enjoying the serene surrounding. I tuck my hand under my pillow and fish out the necklace clutching it, I open up the locket smiling at the beautiful face and kissed it. I love you...

Kristi's POV

I peeled off the skanky dress and threw it in an abandoned corner never wanting to set eyes on it ever again. I chucked the stilettos into that corner as well feeling the urge to cry out. When I tried so hard! Why did he suddenly appear again? But it was reassuring to know that he was away from that evil bastard, though was that family even treating him kindly? I wonder if I can make a selfish request and ask for Master Seth to buy Daniel? I mean he did ask me if I needed anything I could just ask him...

"Hopefully he wouldn't go back on his words," I whispered to myself plunging into the bed wanting to escape reality.

My eyes starts to droop and I'm fast asleep seeing nothing but black, I was content with it... I didn't want to be haunted by the dreadful memories of my past or by some realistic nightmare.

Waking up and looking at the vanity, I realized that I had forgotten to remove my make up. I go to the sink to scrub it off harshly, wishing if only memories could be scrubbed away. Finishing all my morning routines I go off to get breakfast only to find Kai.

I occupy a seat across from him and quietly eat, having enough of the awkward silence I cleared my throat. His sharp eyes pierce me with such a cold gaze. I'm quite taken aback.

"Trish is quite heartbroken from your lascivious actions from last night."

I stiffened at his cutting words. I try to bite back a remark and kept quiet.

He laughs mirthlessly, "So just anyone will do?" What happened to the man I had first met?

"So what about me?" His hand lifting my chin and I bat it away infuriated.

"He paid me."

This makes him chuckle darkly, "Of course, it was for the money."

I regretted my words instantly but it was already too late to take it back.

"You really are such a whore, have you slept with him yet?"

I pulled back my fist and punched him in the face, "Do I really seem like such a self-degrading woman?!"

He was speechless, but it didn't take him long to recover. "You're obviously a barbarian..."

I bite my tongue from retorting back feeling that I had dealt enough damage. I finish my breakfast and wash the dishes in the sink ignoring every single filthy word coming from his lips. I couldn't let such a man bring me down, he wasn't worth my time.

I attend to my duties feeling somewhat saddened by the fact that Kai was actually such an asshole when he seemed like such a decent guy.

I consider Master Seth's offer, I really wanted to see Daniel again, it's decided, I'm going to request for Daniel. I pause and disappear, abruptly leaving the garden. I stop at his door and knock tentatively waiting for him to open the door. I begin to feel anxious as I heard quiet shuffling on the other side.

"Yes?" He answers, despite it being so early he looked so nicely groomed.

I look directly into his eyes, "I decided to request of you to get Daniel."