33 - Let Go

Geto left just as suddenly and quickly as he came. Where he had been standing was a big, blue curse with four red eyes and a furry green back.

You looked to Megumi, then to the student, then back to the curse. Then to Geto, who was already at the door at the end of the hallway. "I'll leave it with you while I'm gone," He said, referring to the curse.

"Hey!" Megumi tried to run after him, but the curse chased after him as soon as he started running.

Using your map technique, you created the bright, luminescent map on the floor. You took out a pin and stabbed it into the map right where the curse stood. The curse's body was punctured, but it quickly healed itself. 

It grabbed the student and slammed her against the wall, knocking her unconscious. You tried to use the map technique again, but you were too slow. The curse turned to you and grabbed you, squeezing a hand around your throat and cutting off your air.

"Y/N!" Megumi yelled, then put his hands together to form the shape of his snake shikigami. The snake burst from his shadow, sinking its teeth into the curse's flesh. The curse flung you to the side, and you hit the wall, breathing heavily and coughing up blood at the same time.

When you looked up, there was a hole in the wall of the building right next to you. The curse had smashed through the wall and onto the balcony of the neighbouring building.

"Megumi?"

You saw him out there with the curse, lying on the ground. You jumped and landed hard on the balcony, running towards the curse and using a pin on your map to hit it.

–––––

Itadori's eyes fluttered open. He yawned and stood up, scratching his head in confusion as he stared around at the hallway. Next to him was a smashed window.

"How did I get here?" He wondered aloud.

Memories began to flood back. He'd been with the white-haired man and the couple. Where are they?  He thought, What about the finger they were looking for?

His breathing hitched when he remembered his classmates were in danger.

He raced up the stairs, reaching the fourth floor at lightning speed. He ran down the corridor and into the Occult Club room.

They weren't there.

He heard some loud noise from somewhere nearby. He ran out and saw a gaping hole in the wall at the end of the hallway, and went to see what was going on outside.

–––––

You jumped over the curse and landed far from Megumi, trying to lure it away from him. Sure enough, it worked. You kept fighting it with your cursed weapon, keeping it away from you.

It didn't take you long to realise, however, that the curse wasn't trying to get to you. It was trying to get past you.

You glanced behind your shoulder to see Yuji standing at the hole in the building. Then Geto's words from before replayed in your mind.

"I better go return this to who it belongs to."

"Itadori!" You yelled, "Give me the finger!"

"I don't have it!" He yelled back.

You smacked the curse's hands away from him with your weapon. "Yes you do! Check your pocket!"

Itadori reached into the pocket of his yellow hoodie and pulled out a purple object. You squinted your eyes to see it. Sure enough, it was the finger.

"Give it to me!" You screamed.

"I can't right now! If I throw it to you, the monster will catch it!"

The curse caught you off guard and hit you, sending you flying over to where Megumi was lying. You landed hard next to him, hearing your ribs crack. He was still conscious, lifting his head weakly to look at you. His dark hair covered his eyes.