9

READ CAREFULLY. 

Upama calls him more than 20 times. She is too worried about him. It's almost night now. They last talked yesterday.

She needs to talk with him.

She decides to her car out and looks for him around the places he could be. But he is nowhere to be found. Her eyes trace every face of the lifeless yet colorful city to seek him. He is disappeared. She calls him again. It's been 15 hours since he cut that call. 15 hours are too long. Even though she likes to give people space and time but today, in this situation, time and space should not be used.

'Pick up the call. Please.' She mumbles against her phone. Her eyes are glossy also. But not because her love is going to spend the rest life with someone. She is worried about where he is. In what position he is? She is stressing out but trying to calm herself as much as she can.

She takes a deep breath. She opens her tired eyes again. She mentally notes some places where he could be at this moment. She turns around and starts driving to his tree house. He owns a house in the middle of the woods. He likes to stay there lonely when the world is fucking him up.

She only visited there twice. She doesn't go when he is staying there. He needs space and she likes to give. She somehow manages to drive but the thing is the sun is already mixed with the sky and the stars are peeking out. She drives through the dark using the headlights.

Empty streets. No sign of animal life here. Everywhere are trees and just trees. It's kinda creepy at night.

She drives, even more, faster, and finally, a light catches her eyes. A light behind some woods. She turns left and finds a house. It's his house. She reached the house finally. His car is outside of the house, making it more obvious that he is here now. She parks her car beside his & rushes to the door. She knocks on the door but no response comes.

She knocks again. But no response. She observes the way light is coming out under the door. When she notices a shadow is moving also, she knocks on the door again.

'Karan, it's me. Open the door. We need to talk. Please.'

'Please go away now.' His voice is broken.

'Open the door. I need you and you need me.'

After a few moments, she notices the shadow move and the door opens, with a sight containing him totally broken. Hair is messy. Eyes fluffy.

She hurriedly enters, locks the door behind her, and hugs him tightly. He melts in her hug, and wraps his arms more tightly around her, hiding his face in between her neck and shoulder junction.

'I'm sorry.' He muffles.

'Shh. You don't have to be. It's not your fault that they copied your signature.' She rubs her hand on her back softly.

'I- I don't...don't know what to do.'

'Please, calm down. Remember what I told you just now? I need you and you need me.' He nods.

'Then calm down.' He slowly moves away and sits on the couch. Upama kneels down just like he knelt that day, they first kissed.

'It's not your fault.'

'I know. But how can I stay without you? For the rest of my life?'

She smiles at him. He looks at her and gets confused.

'Why are you smiling?'

'Because I love you so so much and we are going to marry after a week.'

'What? How? It's impossible.'