7

'Upama!' Karan asks as he walks into the house.

'Yes, babe?'

'My father wants me to visit his, you know I can't stand that man. I have to go. Can you come with me? I don't get into any fight.' He is clearly pissed off. His dad just pisses him off.

'Oh...okay? But why he needs you now? He never ever called you in years.'

'I don't know, really.'

'Oh. Give me 10 minutes. I need to get ready.'

'Go. Come fast.'

After 7-8 minutes Upama comes out of her bedroom. Karan is beyond pissed. He really doesn't want to meet his father. But since that man mentioned his mother in the chat, he has to. Although they divorced a few years ago, he is still his father. Well, at least, legally.

'I'm done.'

'Great. Come.' He holds her hand and walks out of the house, locking it behind them.

Suddenly, her phone rings. She picks it up, sitting in the car.

'Hey, why did call me now? I'm busy.'

After a few silent moments, when Karan goes to start the car, she grabs his hand. Signing him not to drive. He nods.

'Don't worry, I'll be there.' She tells and hangs the call.

'Aren't you coming with me? I need you.' He says looking at her.

'I know you need me, but I need to be at the hospital soon.'

'Hospital? Why?'

'One of my friends is pregnant. Her husband is not here right now, he just took a plane. It will take at least 3 hours. Her mother-in-law is with her but she is old. She won't be able to handle it. That's why I am going there. I need to go there.' She says sadly looking back at him.

'Oh- but. Alright, go.'

'Hey, don't worry. It's going to be alright. It's just your father. Stay calm. We can stay over call. I will calm you down if things get out of the way.' She assures her.

'Alright, I will call you once I reach there.'

'Good. Have a good day.' She kisses his forehead and gets out of the car.

Both of them take their car out of the place and drive down different roads. His destination is his father's house and her destination is the hospital. They really don't like the fact that they are driving to different places when they needed to stay together.

But if fate has to tear them apart, it will...

Karan reaches there in 1 or 2 hours. He stops his car in front of the house. Too many memories. Even if he left the house a very long time ago, he still loves this place a lot. After all his childhood spent here. All of the memories, mischiefs everything. He watches the playground. It holds a lot of memories with it. He used to play here with his mates when he was young. The lake beside the house is also his favorite place for sure. It's calming and beautiful. Also, this is the place where Upama and he first met, under the woods. It was years ago.

He never realized how much he missed this place until now. Like the memories are calling him. He talks with his mom every day but never realized this pain. Well, not this much. He shakes his head and brings him back to reality. A black car beside his dad's car is kinda familiar. He watches the car carefully but he seriously can't remember where. He decides to move on from here. He picks up his phone and calls her.

'Hey!' She says happily yet offbeat.

'Hey. I just reached here.'

'That's great. I reached here half an hour ago. My friend just gave birth, It's a girl!'