★ 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ★

valentine's day

i woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. i looked at my clock and it said it was 11:38 am, so it wasn't too early for someone to be calling me. when i read the contact id, i saw that it was awsten.

"good morning." i answered the phone, groggily.

"hello to you too, jellybean." i heard awsten laugh on the other end of the line. "happy valentine's day!"

i blinked my eyes awake as i remembered that it was, in fact, valentine's day. which meant awsten probably had plans for us.

"happy valentine's day, baby. i almost forgot, honestly. i literally just woke up like two seconds ago." i replied.

"well, i was gonna ask if i could pick you up at 12 but from the sounds of it, you'll probably need more time than that. so, how about at 1:30?"

"where are we going?"

"it's a surprise. you'll gonna love it though."

"okay..." i hated surprises. i always wanted to know what to expect. "how do i dress though? casual or fancy?"

"something in the middle of casual and fancy." awsten told me.

"okay, i can do that."

"see you at 1:30, beautiful."

awsten hung up and i got out of bed. i went out to my kitchen and i saw belle standing on the counter. i groaned, i had been trying to teach her not to stand where we put our food but she wasn't getting the memo.

"belle!" i exclaimed, picking her up and putting her on the floor. "stay off the counter, counters are for food not cats."

i then grabbed her food dish and filled it for her and then also filled her water dish. after i fed and watered my kitten, i went back to my room to pick out my outfit for the day.

awsten said i was supposed to dress casual but fancy at the same time. i rummaged through my closet for a solid fifteen minutes looking for something to wear. eventually, i decided on something.

i chose a light purple sundress that went down to my knees. i grabbed a light blue jean jacket to go over it and i grabbed my barely worn black and white checkerboard vans to go with it. i completely forgot i owned them and they worked to wear.

i went into my bathroom to shower and i did so. when i was done, i dried off and got my outfit on. thankfully, it looked the way i envisioned it in my mind and i didn't have to pick a different outfit. i did my hair, french braiding the top half and then curling the bottom half. i did my normal makeup routine and sprayed my favorite rose perfume.

when i was ready, i took a mirror selfie and posted it to my story. after that, i went to sit in my living room and wait. it was almost 1 so i had a bit of time until awsten came to pick me up.

belle noticed i was chilling in the living room and she happily jumped on the couch, begging for pets. i picked her up and put her on my lap and pet her while i scrolled through tiktok. she eventually fell asleep and i felt bad for when i'd have to move her when awsten got there.

at 1:30 on the dot, i heard a beep outside and immediately knew it was awsten. i picked up belle and moved her to my side and, surprisingly, she didn't even budge. i brushed her cat hair off my dress and made my way downstairs to awsten's car.

i got in the passenger side and saw that he was holding flowers for me. adorable.

"here, these are for you." awsten told me, handing me the bouquet of colorful carnations. i smelled them and they smelled amazing. i put them in the back seat and then kissed awsten on the cheek before getting my seatbelt on.