★ 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ★

the next morning

the bright sunshine peeked through the window of awsten's bedroom and shined on me. i smiled, rolling to my other side to see if awsten was awake. sure enough, my now boyfriend was awake as well, and he was smiling too.

"good morning, boyfriend of mine." i greeted the neon green haired boy.

"good morning, beautiful. how did you sleep?" he greeted me back.

"better than i have in a long time." i told him, kissing his nose. he giggled lightly before kissing me on the lips, passionately, pulling me on his lap to straddle him.

"what do you want to do today?" awsten asked me, playing with my messy bed head. i frowned.

"unfortunately, we can't do much. i have work at the diner from 2-7." i informed him. he frowned with me.

"on a saturday?"

"yeah, unfortunately, i could either take today off or yesterday. so i, for obvious reasons, chose yesterday."

"makes sense. i'm glad you chose yesterday though. it was one of the best days i've had in a long time."

"mine too! imagine that."

the two of us giggled some more and he pulled me into another kiss. this was something i could get used to for the rest of my life. awsten was something i could get used to for the rest of my life. i should have known it would always be him. everything felt so right with him, i never doubted anything. he made everything worth the wait.

"what time is it?" i asked, after we pulled away from the kiss. awsten checked his phone and looked at me.

"it's 11:46." he told me. i nodded, thankful that i had a bit of time before i had to go home and get ready for work.

"you know what we should do?" i said. awsten quirked and eyebrow and i smiled. "we should tell chloe and geoff that we're officially dating. i think they'll be stoked."

"if you're ready, we can. i'm willing to go at whatever pace you want, jellybean." he replied. i gave him another quick kiss and got off him. i opened his bedroom door and waited for him to get up so he could follow me into the kitchen.

chloe was at the coffee pot, pouring coffee into her mug. geoff was chasing rory with a pull up while she ran around, giggling, butt naked. what a sight to walk into when you first wake up.

"FARORE VIOLET WIGINGTON, GET YOUR BUTT BACK HERE!!" geoff called after his nearly two year old as she ran, her giggling even more.

"don't worry, this is normal around here." awsten told me. i nodded in acknowledgment, letting out a small laugh.

"oh, you guys are awake!" chloe said, turning around to look at us. she then let out a nervous laugh. "sorry if we woke you!"

"oh no, you didn't! it's a good time for me to wake up anyways because i gotta go home soon to get ready for work." i assured her. she then went into the cupboard and grabbed two mugs.

"coffee?" she asked us. both awsten and i nodded in agreement and she started filling the cups.

"good morning guys!" geoff came back around, carrying rory. this time she was finally wearing a pull up, holding a sippy cup of what looked like chocolate milk.

"morning!" i replied, taking my cup from chloe. she then passed us sugars and creamer so we could put as much as we liked.

"morning, geoff." awsten greeted his best friend, adding sugar to his coffee.

"how'd you guys sleep?" geoff asked us, filling his own cup of coffee while holding rory with his other arm.

we told him we slept good and then he set rory in her high chair, putting baby snacks on her tray. then, both he and chloe sat with us, so we decided it was a good time to tell them our news.