★ 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ★

a few days later

i put the turkey in the oven as i set the timer on my phone for five hours. there was so much to do, but i just had to get the turkey in the oven first.

"okay, turkey's in the oven until..." i looked at the clock. it was 2:24 pm. "about 7:30. by then, everything else should be done and we can eat."

"good, i'll tell the guys they can come at about seven then." josh said. i went over to him and gave him a kiss before pulling away and smiling. he smiled back at me.

"look, i don't know how you're going to feel but, i invited awsten tonight. he didn't have anywhere else to go for thanksgiving and i don't have it in my heart to let him be alone tonight." i finally told josh. his eyebrows furrowed and i internally sighed. here we go again!

"wh-" he was going to complain but then he cut himself off and smiled. "okay. he's important to you, so he's more than welcome."

i smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before grabbing my phone and shooting awsten a message telling him that he could come over at about seven. he replied with "alright, sick!" and i got back to cooking.

josh was vegan, which meant that he wouldn't be eating the turkey. the rest of his band weren't and i wasn't (neither was awsten) so i still made a medium sized turkey. i also made tons of sides for my boyfriend such as mashed potatoes, stuffing, coleslaw, deviled eggs (even though he was vegan he still ate fish and eggs), cranberry sauce, homemade mac n cheese, and for dessert i made a peanut butter pie and an apple pie. a lot of the foods i made the night before, simply due to the lack of time.

we still had a few muffins from when i baked with awsten, but not many. i was honestly surprised we still had any at all.

it was around seven when i was turning the heat off for the mac n cheese and i heard a knock at the door. josh opened it and i heard him greet the person at the door. i knew it had to be awsten, because if it were any of his band members then he'd seem a lot more enthusiastic.

"hey, y/n!" awsten greeted me. "it smells great in here."

"i hoped it would considering i made a shit ton of food. i hope you're hungry." i replied with a small laugh.

"starving, i haven't eaten all day to make room." he told me.

"wish i could say the same but i've been picking at food while cooking all day long. i can take the turkey out in about a half hour. oh and josh's band mates should be here any minute as well."

"i was being serious, this all smells great. i'm surprised you didn't set the house on fire, didn't you say you couldn't cook well?"

"i followed strict recipes and just prayed, to be honest."

we both laughed and there was another knock at the door. josh opened the door to his three bandmates, joey, alex, and anthony.

"hey, y/n." alex greeted me. i waved to the three guys that entered my apartment.

"who's the other guy?" joey asked.

"that's just awsten." josh said, shortly.

"my best friend." i added to clear any confusion. "we grew up together."

"yeah, hey, i'm awsten." awsten introduced himself to the three other guys. alex, joey, and anthony all introduced themselves.

"awsten aren't you in a band too?" josh brought up. awsten nodded.

"yeah, i'm in waterparks. i'm the lead singer." he replied.

"oh i've heard of you guys. you guys made turbulent, right?" joey asked awsten. the five men all made conversation about band stuff and i started getting everything ready to bring out to the dining room. we got the bigger table out of the attic so that we could put all the food on there. we would all fit at the actual dining room table because it was seated for six.