2

Valerie's POV:
"Hey Val. Want some... WAFFLES!" My best friend Charlotte yells to me as I walk out of my room. Me and Charlotte are roommates because we both don't want to live alone. We went to school together in New York until I moved to England. We were family friends and always flew out to see each other even when we were thousands of miles apart.

"But we don't have waffles." I reply.
"Well down at the quad they are having this brunch thing where they have pancakes and eggs and all sorts of breakfast food." She states. We go to the same college and here, you can pick your roommate so we obviously decided to stay in the same dorm room.
I throw on some warm clothes since it's winter in the USA. "Why is the brunch outside? It's like 20 degrees." I ask
"I don't know, the people here are stupid"

We get down to the quad and see a big white tent. We go in and see this long table of food and go straight to the waffles. I find my professor, Mr Kowalski and ask him what this is for. "Well I was told that this is a breakfast here to advertise for the university. All the people here were given flyers by people on the street. There is a big auction to help pay for the school to keep running because it isn't doing so well if you know what I mean...... I probably shouldn't have told you that. Oops" he informs me.

Me and Charlotte get the food and decide to head back to the dorm, eat, then go around town do some shopping.

We get to 21st street and walk down the long line of shops and see a large crowd in front of Zara.
"OMG LIAM!"
"HEY NIALL OVER HERE!" Is what I hear. Charlotte screams "OH MY GOD ONE DIRECTION!!!" And my heart stops.

I start remembering Harry. And everything that happened. "Charlotte we have to go now." I shout to her. Trying to get her to hear me over the sound of the crowd chanting "HARRY HARRY HARRY HARRY!" Over and over again. I start searching for her inside the crowd. And then someone bumps into me and makes me fall to the ground.
And of course. It's Harry. All he does is stare at me. Not even saying a word. "Val?" He says finally breaking the silence between us. Me being the awkward and stupid person I am replies with "yeah um I guess.....hi". Then security pulls him away but we don't break the stare. I just sit there, confused, on the ground with people trampling over me. "Oh my gosh Val! The Harry Styles just talked to you." Charlotte says.
"Ya I know." we decide to walk back, not in the mood to shop anymore.
"What happened? How does he know your name?" Char repeats. "It's a long story".

When we finally get back I tell her everything that happened between us. And all I do is cry and cry.

I suddenly have a loss for words. The one person that I loved in my entire life who brutally broke my heart is still the person I love to this day.

I know it sounds crazy to love him after what he did to me. But I don't think he was really him that day. He would never do that. And the way he looked at me as if almost saying sorry. He looked like he was going to cry.

That night I couldn't d eat, sleep, or even talk. I was just. So confused