Chapter 15: Midoriya... mad?

.
.
.
"Sports festival!"

"That's totally ordinary!"

"Come one! We just had that villain attack, you sure about this?"

"It's necessary. In fact, our sports festival is the greatest opportunity you will get. It's not an event that can be canceled over a few villains."

Sports festival, huh? I think I heard about that even before.

"The nation's top heroes will all be watching, right? They will be there as scouts."

"They'll be looking to hire us as sidekicks after we graduate. That's how it's done."

"And a lot of those sidekicks never manage to go solo. They're sidekicks forever. That will be you, Kaminari, you dunce."

"Hey!"

"Naturally, you will gain valuable experience and popularity if you're picked up by a big-name hero. But your time is limited. Show the pros what you're made of here, and you will make futures for yourselves.

This happens once a year. So you got three chances. If you're hoping to become a hero, this is an event you can't miss!" Mr. Aizawa explained.

I see now. Guess I need to show off my quirks a bit in this event, which was out of my personality since I didn't really like showing off anything.
.
.
.
The fourth period modern lit is over. It's lunch time and almost everyone was talking about the sports festival.

"Even after what we just went through, this has got me so freaking pumped! If we show our stuff here, that's one big step towards going pro!"

Like always, Kirishima will be one of the people with high spirits.

"Everyone's so excited..." said Midoriya.

"Yup, they sure are." I agreed.

Suddenly, Iida came to us.

"And you two aren't? This is our chance to add our names to the ranks of heroes. Of course we're in high spirits!"

"Yeah I get that, but-"

"Midoriya, Boboiboy, Iida..."

We looked at Uraraka who called our name.

"At this sports festival, let's do our best!"

"What happen to your face Uraraka?!"

Is she alright? She doesn't look like herself...

Then, Uraraka faced the whole class and said-

"Everyone! I'm gonna crush this!"

With her gripped right hand in the air.

"Yeah but talk about inconsistent characterization."

The others also did the same thing.
.
.
.
"Money?!"

We were walking at the corridor when Midoriya asked Uraraka why did she want to be a hero.

"You wanna be a hero for the money?!"

"Ultimately, yeah. Sorry, I know it seems base and really embarrassing, considering Iida's noble motivations and all."

Her face turned as red as tomato. She must be really embarrassed.

"But why?! There's really nothing wrong with seeking a more comfortable lifestyle."

"Yeah, just a little unexpected."

Well, I myself was surprised at first.

"My family runs construction company but business is bad. We're poorer than poor."