― 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣.

― nineteen

― nineteen.

"she didn't agree to it."

wooyoung sighed, leaning back in his seat. the two boys were sat in a cafe, it was the day after inha's mum's funeral and she had been the talk of the town. every student seemed to be interested with what had happened, wondering what had happened to the perfect little family. 

"maybe you should tell inha what really happened with your family, then maybe―"

"no." wooyoung cut yeosang off, shaking his head. "if she finds out this too, who knows what inha might do to herself." wooyoung shook his head, not wanting to think about what would happen to him. "she's probably in the most unstable and vulnerable stage in her griefing, now taking down her father is our job."

"that's going to be a lot harder." yeosang sighed, his head in his hands. "if only we could find out what he did to her mother. we could definitely turn things around." 

a silence blanketed over them as they schemed a plan together, trying to figure out the best way to execute this exposé. the cafe was empty, with only a few people decorating the tables as bustling chatter filled the silence. there was mellow music playing in the background that they assumed was playing from a radio, although they were paying no attention to it, and the sound of coffee being made filled the rest.

however their attention was still caught by the her name. "breaking news," the voice of the radio began. "the daughter of yeong inhyun, yeong inha, was found to have taken her own life tonight at eight fifty three p.m."

their eyes widened, as their thoughts came to a halt. "many speculated it was due to the fact that her mother had unfortunately passed on, but once police arrived on the scene, there was a laptop left behind, playing this clip." 

"please." 

neither boys recognised the voice as they stared at one another. 

"please, leave our daughter alone. just take me." she cried. yeosang had guessed that it was inha's mother. "please."

"you're funny, you know that right? you killed your sister, stole her daughter and now you want to play mother after watching me torture her her whole life?" there was silence. then finally a horrific, manic laugh. "what was it you said? even if you die? wah, you sounded so heroic."

"did you enjoy watching me touch her? making her my sex toy? well, she's not even my daughter, i would've left her on the streets if she wasn't fun to play with."

yeosang's hands curled into fists as he glared at the table, feeling sick to his stomach. even wooyoung had no idea how to react as he couldn't believe what he was hearing. 

"they also found evidence that yeong had committed adultery, murdered his wife's sister and embezzled billions. all left behind by inha at the scene."

"however, what was shocking was minutes before his daughter took her life, she had called the police, claiming that she would be committing suicide before hanging herself. luckily, thanks to this, emergency forces were able to arrive onto the scene in time, and she's currently being treated in a hospital, whilst her father is currently under investigation."

hurriedly, yeosang stood up from the table. "i have to go." he mumbled, not even waiting for wooyoung to respond as he rushed out of the cafe. however, even he didn't waste time as he quickly followed after yeosang, knowing that he had to see inha too. he had to know that she was alive.

he couldn't live if he couldn't save his sister before telling her the truth.

-

"that bitch." mr yeong hissed, staring at the video playing on the laptop. "she set me up. she made me say all of that." he did his best to defend himself, but it was no use. one by one, his crimes were slowly washing up and being displayed to the world as reporters worked harder than the detectives to dig up the dirt.

"evidence doesn't lie, mr yeong." the detective rolled his eyes as he shut the laptop. mr yeong was quick to grab his hand, his eyes begging for forgiveness as he helplessly looked up at him.

"please, this is all a misunderstanding, inha will tell you―"

"yeong inha is currently in a comatose state after attempting to take her own life because of what you have done to her." he cut him off, glaring at the man as he pushed away his hands. mr yeong stared at the table, trying to figure out a way to get himself out of this situation, but he was meeting dead ends, unable to evidently escape his allegations. 

"if inha's unconscious then how are you going to get a witness in time for my court hearing?"

the detective chuckled, patting mr yeong's shoulder. "don't worry, we have plenty of other witnesses who can do just the job." he assured. "you should've done a better job at covering your tracks, do you know how many people around you had submitted evidence for this case?" 

mr yeong's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, as he looked up at the detective in surprise. "what are you talking about? who else is there?" the detective smiled, shaking his head.

"don't worry, you'll find out."