― 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚.

― three

― three. 

"have you put on weight?" inha gulped, setting down her chopsticks. her father's gaze was scrutinising, making the girl shiver just at the thought of what could be going through his mind. "step on the scales." he ordered, not wasting a breath as inha nodded, standing up from the dinner table. she walked past her mother who kept her head down, and stood on the scale, her eyes wavering as she waited for the jumping numbers to come to a stop. "well?" her father questioned, growing impatient. 

"fifty-two..." inha quietly mumbled, knowing what was going to follow. dinner had just begun and she was already ordered to leave, being sent to her room. as hungry as inha was, she was glad her punishment was a lot lighter than usual, as she hurriedly raced up to her room. 

"get her into a sport that has her lose weight." mr yeong spoke to inha's mother, the lady meekly nodding her head. "maybe gymnastics." he suggested. "they keep the girls small," he suddenly chuckled, a cynical smile gracing his lips. "although, her breasts have been getting bigger," he mentioned, causing his wife to cringe. "she'll be a lot more fun to play with now."

inha's mother suddenly stood up from the table. "i'm finished." she informed, feeling sick to her stomach as she was unable to finish her meal. she was disgusted by the man before her, but more than anything, she was afraid of what a monster she had married. 

"why? you've hardly touched your dinner." he pointed out, continuing to cut his steak as if he hadn't said the most god awful thing a father could say. "don't tell me you're getting jealous?" he questioned, setting down his cutlery. his gaze lifted, scanning his wife's body with a hunger she had never seen before. "don't worry, i'll play with you too."

that being the final straw, she stormed off upstairs too. 

-

sunday had finally reached.

"on the count of three," he ordered. "one, two," he eyed her carefully, the both of them wearing similar smirks. "three!" simultaneously, the two of them brought out the slip of paper that held their school rankings.