― 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚.

― twenty three

― twenty three. 

"are you sure you want to be back so soon?"

"i'm bored of staying inside all day." inha shrugged.

"but you were only discharged today. you didn't even get a chance to go home yet." he pointed out, walking beside her as they neared the school. inha sighed, shrugging her shoulders once.

"it's not like there's any good memories left there." she reminded. that house was never a home for the girl, it was a prison for her. a prison for her memories, reminding her of everything her father had done to her. "i wonder if they'll let me stay there." inha sighed, knowing that she'd be under new custody since she was still underage. 

"do you think you'd be staying with wooyoung?" yeosang carefully questioned, knowing that it was a sensitive topic for both siblings. when inha had heard what had happened in the court hearing, she had requested to be left alone the whole day, which worried both boys. she couldn't believe that the boy who had been bullying her her whole life was actually her twin brother. she wanted to hear more about her real family but she was afraid of coming back and opening old wounds. 

even for wooyoung, he was still struggling to come to terms with it. he hadn't visited once during inha's hospital stay, which inha was secretly grateful for. she needed time to process everything before she dealt with it.

however, upon arriving at school, she was quick to realise that she would have to now deal with everything. she second guessed her actions, thinking that maybe it would've been better to stay at home then have people whispering about her right in her face. yeosang was quick to notice her discomfort, rubbing her back reassuringly as he sent her a smile. 

"don't worry, i'll be by your side all day." inha nodded, returning the smile with a small one of her own, following the boy into the building. she still wasn't used to people touching her and definitely wasn't a fan of skinship, however, yeosang was different for inha, she realised.

it was safe to say that inha was truly regretting her choice of returning to school. she had forgotten how foul kids her age truly were.