Chapter 9- drug dealer befriending the Chief's daughter?

Hopper took you to the hospital after dropping all the kids off at their homes including Billy and Max. To your relief, Hopper had spun some lie about why Billy took so long to get Max home and Neil Hargrove seemed to believe it.

The doctors said you just had a suffered a Grade 2 concussion, but after some must needed rest you would be okay.

El had slept for nearly 24 hours after draining her energy closing the gate and you weren't far off that either. Hopper had actually insisted for you to take Monday off school and you weren't going to argue about that because that meant you missed double math, so it was a win-win.

"You and Hopper patch things up?" Steve called out, jogging over to you as the Chief drove out the carpark after dropping you off.

His eye was still deeply bruised and you knew Billy would have similar marks too, you just hoped there were no new ones from Neil added to it.

"Not even close." You answered, throwing your backpack over your shoulder. "Did I miss much in class yesterday?"

Steve shook his head, "just lots of Pythagoras which I still don't understand. And having to deal with a worked-up Billy Hargrove on the basketball court. So just another Monday really."

"Wait, why was he worked up?"

You were almost positive that Hopper covering for Billy and Max the other night was enough to get Neil off his back, but maybe you were wrong.

"He was worried about you, especially when you didn't show up yesterday."

"Oh." Was all you could say before the familiar sound of the Camaro roared into school and you turned around to find the slick blue Chevy pull up in his usual carpark, Iron Maiden blasting through the open windows.

"Well, I don't want to give Hargrove another excuse to punch me." Steve said, motioning to his black eye. "I'll see you in class."

You waved goodbye as Steve walked towards the school before you began to make your way over to the Camaro just as Billy and Max climbed out.

"If you're not back here in time after basketball practice-" Billy started to say before Max cut him off.

"I'm skating home. I know." She said, rolling her eyes as she began to skate off towards Middle School next door.

Billy glared at the back of his sister's head before he locked the Camaro, but the glare on his face vanished when he saw you walking towards him. Instant relief washed over him and you found yourself sighing with relief noticing that the only bruises on his face were the ones from Steve.

"How's your head?" He asked, trying to act cool, but you could you tell he was worried.

"It's fine. Probably going to scar though."

Billy took a step towards you and lifted his hand, tracing his thumb gently over the butterfly stitches still over the cut. His bright blue eyes staring at it before meeting your gaze as he bit his lip.

"What is it?" You asked, knowing he wanted to say something, but was clearly second guessing himself.

He didn't say anything for the longest time before he grabbed your waist and pulled you into his body. You let out a small, surprised yelp at the sudden movement before his lips were on yours silencing you.

Billy Hargrove was kissing you in the school parking lot in front of everyone. Holy shit.

You quickly kissed him back, your hands coming up and cupping his face as he stepped back into the side of the Camaro while holding your hips firmly against his body.