Chapter 2- superpowers?

It wasn't hard to find the Principles Officer at school and you were surprised to find another student already sitting in the chair in front of the desk.

"Ah, Y/N? Welcome to Hawkins High, I'm Principal Higgins. Take a seat, this is Billy. It's his first day as well." The man -Principal Higgins- said, motioning towards the free seat next to the other student.

You glanced over at this Billy guy wondering why the back of his blonde curls looked familiar before he glanced over his shoulder towards you and your eyes widened in surprise.

It was Billy Hargrove. The guy with that blue Camaro from the gas station.

Billy's face broke out into a grin when he realised that it was you before you sat down on the seat beside him while Principal Higgins started to go over the school rules and gave the two of you a brief induction.

"Now, here are your class schedules. I have taken the liberty of putting the two of you in a lot of the same classes. It's fairly rare that we get new students starting this late in the year, so I figured it would be good for the two of you to be together and help each other out." He said handing you your printed class schedules just as the bell for class rang. "Well, you two should head to class. If you need anything, you know where to find me."

"Thank you, sir." Billy said with a nod before he stood up and you nodded your thanks at the principle before following the blonde out the office.

Neither of you said anything as you walked down the corridor, but neither of you parted ways either and continued to walk alongside each other.

All the girls were looking at Billy as you walked past. Their eyes raked over him, looking him up and down like he was a piece of meat and you found yourself getting angry on his behalf, but he didn't seem to notice the looks or if he did, he didn't seem to mind as he continued to walk.

"You got any idea where Classroom 5B actually is?" He eventually asked, looking down at his schedule before glancing over at you.

"Not a fucking clue." You admitted.

The two of you kept walking down the hall before spotting the '5B' sign above a classroom door. You walked inside only to realise that most the other students had already taken their seats and you both hesitated as you stared at everyone.

"Oh, you must be our new students. I'm Mrs. Click. Please, take a seat wherever you like." The teacher instructed.

Billy was the first to move, walking confidently past the students eyeballing him before he sat down at the back of the room and pointed to the free seat beside him before you hurriedly followed and sat down.

You zoned out while Mrs. Click started talking about the Russian Revolution and by the looks of it, Billy wasn't listening either, too busy scribing something down on a piece of paper before handing it over to you.

'Wanna skip after lunch?'

You looked over at him, but he was staring at the front of the class pretending to understand The Khodynka Tragedy before you grabbed your pen and wrote below his sentence.

'It's our first day dude'

You subtly handed the paper back to him when Mrs. Click had her back turned which he took, his fingers brushing against yours as he grabbed it and read what you wrote before raising his eyes brows at you.

'Scared?'

'Shut up. I'll meet you at the carpark during lunch'

That caused Billy to smile as he read your words before he scrunched up the paper and shoved it into the pocket of his jacket and turned back to the front of the class like nothing happened.