Chapter 7- The Mind Flayer

The Mustang wouldn't start. Probably a broken radiator if you had to guess which was why you found yourself following the train tracks through the woods with Steve Harrington and a bunch of kids.

"Tell me again, why we're going after this Demogorgon?" You asked, breaking the silence.

"Because they're crazy, that's why." Max responded and you found yourself agreeing with her.

These guys were crazy. This whole situation was crazy and it might be the concussion that was definitely still effecting you, but you were still having trouble believing what you had just seen.

The kids had the audacity to look offended by the redhead's response, but none of them had the chance to say anything in defence before a voice suddenly shouted in the distance.

"Hello? Who's there?!" The male voice called out, causing you all to stop in your tracks. "Who's there?!"

"I know that voice." Steve whispered, motioning for the rest of you to follow as he took the lead and within a minute you found yourself walking out the woods towards a tall wire fence that surrounded the Hawkins lab.

Wait, was this the lab that El escaped from? It had to be.

You were so focused on the large building behind the tall fence that you didn't even notice the car parked in front of the closed gate or Nancy Wheeler and Jonathan Byers staring at the group of you in confusion.

"Steve?" They both question in utter shock.

"Nancy?" Steve replied with equal amounts of shock.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy questioned.

"What are you doing here?" Steve questioned back as you all walked over to them.

"We're looking for Mike and Will." She answered like it was meant to be obvious.

"They're not in there, are they?" Dustin asked, pointing towards the lab beyond the fence.

"We're not sure."

As if on cue, familiar growls echoed through the still night air. The growls came straight from the lab. Dart had gone to the lab and by the sound of it, there were other Demogorgons there too.

Nancy glanced over at you and frowned a little like she only just realised you were there before her head snapped towards Steve.

"Isn't that the new girl from school? She shouldn't be here and why is she covered in blood?"

Steve glanced over at you, his eyes flashing up to the cut on your forehead before turning back to Nancy, "she's the Chief's daughter and she saved our lives."

"And she killed two Demogorgons." Dustin added.

"Seriously?" Nancy and Jonathan both asked in surprise.

You opened your mouth to respond, but didn't get the chance when suddenly the power seemed to get switched on, the laboratory lighting up before the tall electronic fence began to open.

"Finally. Jonathan, c'mon." Nancy quickly said, rushing over to her car.

"Whoa, wait, wait-"

"We're going to see what's going on. Wait here." She said, cutting Steve off before she climbed into the car and sped off through the gate towards the building.

"What do we do now?" Lucas asked, watching the car drive off.

Steve just shrugged his shoulders, "I guess we wait."

You leant against the side of the fence, your head still thumping while you mentally started to tally up how much it would cost to fix the Mustang, but that was just making your head hurt worse, so you quickly stopped thinking about it.